cod4: modern warfare BETA???? and mini-review

Didn’t see a thread about this.

Anyone playing the cod4: modern warfare beta?

You can register for a beta token at: http://charlieoscardelta.com/beta.php

I think it’s a really good shooter.

There is a perk system that goes by your rank, (ex. last stand-you can shoot your postol once you’re downed, penetration-bullets go through walls). You can assign like 3 perks out of about 10.

and also "challenges’ (ex. get 75 kills with the ak-47 and get a laser scope, silencer. 25 headshots and get active camo, whatever that is. )

Also there’s a nice feature where after you are killed, you see the first person view from the person who killed you, showing the last 5 seconds before your death, with a big “me” tag over your character. So no more “wtf where did that come from”, you get to see it. Although you also see the lag difference.

You can also call in airstrikes, and recon helis to spot enemies and put them on your radar.

There’s only 3 boards, and the leveling is capped, but it’s still a good game.

Got a couple laggy matches. Once you find a good group though, you can stay with that group for future matches.

This is the first “Tactical” shooter I’ve liked. I usually play later at night, about midnight to 3am’ish. Kind of getting pwned about .5 kpd, but I’m getting the hang of it. my gamertag is rdandy if anyone wants to team up.

i have always like the cod games… will def be checking this out

did they ever release cod3 for pc? i thought it was only next-gen consoles. i hope the release em for pc…

I don’t know about cod3, I played cod2 when the 360 was first released, but got away from it. Although cod2 was good, I prefer games based in the present or future, not the past.

I think they hit the nail on the head with this game.

Cod4 is based in the future, around the year 2011 or mabey 2022.

anyone start playing this? I got it earlier

so i have to create an account to get the beta… or am i looking at the wrong thing…??

i dont know I got my token early. I think the signups are OVER. Just make an account they’ll send u a code to dl the beta, thats what I did.

gamespot is giving away beta tokens right now:

http://www.gamespot.com/event/codes/call-of-duty-4/

I also have an extra token if anyone wants it, this beta is great.

[quote=“rdandy5875,post:8,topic:34515"”]

I also have an extra token if anyone wants it, this beta is great.

[/quote]

:hay:i do!

yea its closed… can someone host the install file?