Code Blues Fuel system

I just finished welding jay’s gas tank for his new sump setup that will be running twin bosch 044 pumps. The sump features 2 -8 fittings and is constructed of 304l SS. The twin 044 setup should be good for about 1000whp, but we are only shooting for a mere 700whp.

http://www.synapseturbo.com/gallery/cache/c5737a9ad6ec92c2ef2a16c0581a69d227e51a5b_800.jpg

wow that is beautiful. How much did that take to prep the tank before welding?

damn thats a beauty…

Damn, couldn’t be better timing man! Did you do any internal baffling to the tank before welding that up? I’ve been wanting to do this to my tank but haven’t found info and no one seems to do it this way (just goes with a fuel cell instead).

Thanks!

who is doing his cage? im sure its going to be a 10pt with a chute?

That’s very nice indeed. Nice to see alternatives to the typical roles. Fuel cells are not always the best thing and as shown here, some creative fab work and a little welding goes a long way. Nice job :thumb

If it needs to be scratch built, I can do that here. What car is thins anyway? I’m not to adept in this Honda/Acura community(I’m assuming Honda due to Synapse)

i believe its an integra adam… 94-00 style

Very impressive

The coating they use on the tank is thick and tough. Pain in the ass to remove but after some heat and scraping it can be removed with a wire wheel nicely.

and the interior?

Underneath the sump there is a bunch of one inch holes drilled for the fuel to get through. Thats it.

I mean for welding on a gas tank, how do you make sure that thing wont light up.

The gas gets dumped out, then the tank sits outside to let the residual gas evaporate. It was dry with no fumes present when it was welded.

is that a full race sump kit or jeggs?

where is “here”? How much is it for a chromoly 10pt cage with D-bars and chute? Can you also get it NHRA certified?

Neither, Morgan made it and welded it on.

nice. Why two outlets? are you going to use two filters?

yeah one for each pump with a filter on both.

why two pumps? why not a single aeromotive pump?

Jay already had one 044, so we decided to just buy another one and do it this way.