Turbob16's Turbo Del Sol

Well, making a new thread in hopes of some more coverage on teh delsol build and less whoring through and useless banter.

The cage is going in inorder to hopefully run at MIR this November.

is that Catch i see leaning into that trunk.

Ya catch has been a huge help as well as Steve Matt jay Rico everyone is really helping try and make this trip

cool i went to school with him.

What are you going to do for a window now?

Plexiglass will go where the stock window was on the track with notches at the top

damn I wish I had a garage like that. Cool build so far it seems

is the cage an sw cage

sweet, you did what i never had the balls to do… looks good

Sorry you had to see it Travis but it’s coming out cleaner than I ever expected , the only thing I won’t like is nit having the actual glass in, but oh well, yes that’s an s&w kit for a 96 EK I bought yearsss ago , just got lucky it all fit together nicely

dont be sorry man its not mine any more and i dig it. just make sure when you make the roof bars you leave enough room for the targa removers, and you are taller then me and my helmet would smack the roof all the time so watch for fitting issue there

car looks great i stopped down after the game for a bit on sunday and it is coming together very well.

I dont know what class you want to run but

2009 True Street Rules

Race Format: Quick 16 field, Pro ladder, Heads-up, Pro tree, No breakout. 1/4 mile Drag Racing.

Body: 1987 & newer vehicles only. Aftermarket body parts are limited to hoods, trunks lids, sunroofs, wings, ground effects, bumpers, and front fenders only. One-piece front ends are not permitted. All other body parts must be stock. All windows must be functional. No body parts may be removed during competition.

Chassis: Full stock chassis is required. Cutting or drilling for lightening purposes of the chassis is not permitted.

Suspension: Stock type suspension cars only. Aftermarket direct replacement A-arms, struts, and shocks are allowed. Wheelie bars and ladder bars are prohibited.

Street Equipment: All windows must be OEM glass. Headlights and brake lights are required (one headlight may be removed for air induction). Stock dashboard and full interior from front seats forward is required (both front seats are required). Aftermarket interior and seats are permitted.

Exhaust: Muffler(s) required unless turbocharged.

Electronics: Two-steps, aftermarket ECU’s, and engine management systems are allowed.

looking good, now convert it to rwd!!! :slight_smile:

Joe the Honda DelSol and the Toyota MR2 have expressed permission to run plxiglass rear windows, because fitting the proper rollbar or cage is impossible with the existing glass. Exact same in the SCCA/NASA/HC.

Ya Joe I was pretty worried about that to until I realized there’s no way of making the rear bars come through the back without going through the glass they’d have to have an s bend which won’t work

oh man I got scared!!!

You better message Jason miller on Honda-tech this is his race!!

Do you have a number for him? I’ll call him up now, I see your point but there is absolutely no way of putting a cage legally in a del sol without going through the back window and if they really put up a fuss about a 2’x4’ window that’s rough, I’m shedding what 3lbs if that?

Don’t sweat the rear window. It’s 100% legal to necessitate a proper cage install.