GT35r A3 Del Sol

Well after my wife almost died in the hospital after having my daughter, my head wasnt really into working on the Del Sol. Well finally I am starting to work on the sol again. I dont care who is faster then me or slower then me, I am building this as a stress reliever and something to learn on. The engine is out and well be finished soon. I am going to finish cleaning up the engine bay and painting it. Here is the platform:

1995 Del Sol Vtec

Engine:
b16a3

Engine Build:
Complete Build from the oil pan up
New Oil Pan, Water pump, oil pump, head gasket, bearings, cam gears, (forged)piston, (forged)rods, (titan.)valves, (titan.) springs, ITR cams, vx intake manifold, studs

Fuel:
255 Pump
1000cc Injectors
STR Fuel Rail
Adjustable Fuel Regulator

Cooling:
Koyo Radiator

Turbo:
gt35r (17lbs)
Large Intercooler:)

Exhaust:
3" from downpipe back

Random:
Updating all the chassis bushings, tie rods etc

Paint:
Having the car completly repainted

Tuning:
Evans tuning

Here are some pics:

Yayyy Andy! Nice to see that everything worked out for you and that you’re back into the project:)

:tup:

the wife situation had to be scary :ohnoes:

congrats on the new bundle of joy. look forward to the project.

Grats to u/ur wife on pulling thru.

Not sure how much you have done to the block yet, but if you can, try to dump the b16 block and pick up a 1.8 block and use a gsr/itr or LS crank…esp if u are using a 35R, its going to lag big time…especially if you are using GSR cams…you want to use at least ITR/CTR spec cams or bigger to help the motor breathe.

The rest looks fine. I just don’t wanna see u “Waste” money on a forged 1.6 block when u can easily go 1.8+, the diff is very noticeable. You prolly built the 1.6 block already tho so eh, no big deal. I’d def. upgrade the cams tho, gsr cams are blah

edit: or if u havent bought the turbo yet, got GT30

awesome looking car. i miss seeing this around all the time… 1 question though. why did u swap out those headlights!!!

Dont listen to Toda. :slight_smile:
Stick with the 35r. Youll be fine.

WHat about traction/tranny?

edit, i do have the itr cams, I forgot that when I bought the cams layzie told me not to get gsr cams but to get the itr cams instead, Its been so damn long that I forgot which ones I have.

As far as the tranny goes. I have the stock tranny with a stronger clutch, looking to get a lsd tranny if i can.

:meh:

nice color

good for you andy

Congrats… no more bike then? I thought that was going to be an objective of yours?

:tup: nice

Good to see another Honda build!

lovin it guy nice work

thanks guys for all the nice words. I will be working on it this week some. I will post up some more pictures.

glad to see u buildin this, my sol will be done for the summer. GL with everything!!

very nice build.

:tup: to wife/kid safe

:tup: to a nice del slo :slight_smile:

Updates:

set a date to get the engine built!!

Currently:

working on the engine bay, prepping it to spary it down and paint it before the engine goes back in.:rimshot: