Turbo 1994 Del Sol

Many of you know the car already, its the red del sol travis(vtecsol) built with the help of hybrid. First i want to start off by taking no credit for where the car is today, ive just fell into a fortunate situation of being able to own it. The car is truly amazing , incredibly well built, and awesome to drive. The motor is a fully built gsr bottom end bored out to a 2.0 liter and sleeved. On dyno day at hyrbid it made 384whp on about 17 psi i believe. I have a few plans of my own, first im going to put a differential in. The next will be a edelbrock intake manifold, and another tune where im hoping i can make a little over 400 to the wheels. Then eventually down the road when i have some more money do a 35r set up, with some cams, but for now it sits in the garage with a fresh wash and fresh coat of wax just waiting for the spring time. ill post up a couple pictures later on and keep everyone posted on everything i do to the car.

What turbo is on it now? I think I raced that car last year on the way home from the track with my b16 setup

t3-t4 50 trim 48a/r stage 3 wheel

Jason i am glad the car is in good hands have fun with it. if you put if do everything that you plan, the car will pretty much match captian chaos blue civic setup that hybrid built and on race gas that thing made 513 to the wheels

I think 500 is the most id want to push it, just because its so useless to have that much power unless your on slicks, but im excited to see where it goes, its a handful to drive thats for sure. Real quick what kind of oil are you using in it, i just want to make sure i keep up with the same stuff

what kind of faggot buys an already built project car from one of the Hybrid kids… :hsugh:

that would be me. have anything constructive to say? Probably not

sure. if you turn the ac on high, pull the e-brake handle 3x while keeping the RPM’s at 6900, I dildo will come up out of the seat and **** you in the asshole.

nope didnt think so. your the reason pittspeed has a bad name, your not worth the time to keep msging back and forth and ruining a perfectly good project , have a good christmas!

you’re. and don’t worry some faggot mod will come through and delete this eventually. I just like to keep them on their toes.

And for what it’s worth, I bought a DSM off of Kolar, so I was poking fun at myself.

:rolleyes:

Sick

:bigok: Good choice on buying that. I would have just because of the chrome door strikers and spikes on the valve cover.

Keep us updated.

good buy i have a 35r if you want to buy it

Awsome that thing was always travis’s baby. That would be a Great E-85 candidate, esp with a 35R! 500+ 1.60 a gallon, and EGT’s drop 200+ deg.

castrol gtx 5-30 just regular old oil

that car balls the tires off at 90mph…its already useless lol

glad to see someone bought the car who is going to enjoy it. your plans sound good, but i probably wouldn’t do the intake manifold until you go with the bigger turbo. that manifold you’re looking at is designed around high rpm operation, which the turbo on the car is obviously not designed around. it might pick up a little more top end power and probably would get you to the 400 mark, but it’s going to kill the midrange in the car. then again, with the way that thing blows the tires off, it might not be a bad idea either. that motor though is definitely screaming for a bigger turbo though.

that would be one mean street car low 11s high 10s on slicks mid high 11s on drag rads and i agree with Jay that motor is great right now with that intake and i wouldnt change anything till you can buy cams intake and bigger turbo… my set up last year with with stock sleeves pistons rods crank and just valve springs retainers and cams we put down 407 whp and i went 10.82 with it

damn, im hoping i can break 11’s on drag radials this year, and then ill do slicks, how much did you want for the 35r? ive seen ur car run up at prp a couple times now, and i saw it on dyno day at hybrid last year awesome car. i dont reall know what im expecting out of the car to be honest. i know i want to break 400whp as it sits, then i want to do the 35r, and most importantly the differential, but time will tell what happens. hopefully i can break into the 11s as it is, so we’ll see

i really dont know what your lookin to pay but with a good 60 and the power its on i dont see y it shouldnt bc travis went 12.0 something with less power pm me what your lookin to spend

[ame=“http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=17660627”]http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=17660627[/ame]

this was at the 250 hp range on pretty well used up drag radial and i forgot to switch to high boost if you listen you can actually here the car go into high boost