Coilover users

Hey guys,

For those who are on coilovers, what spring rates are you guys using? Right now I have 8k front, 6k rear on my BCs. I was thinking of possibly switching to 6/4 (maybe shorter swift springs or ordering new BC springs) for a slightly smoother ride since these city street are rough at times.

Side question: any recs on someone who rolls fenders? I know swerve will and rents out the units. Just looking for some feedback!

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

i run 12k fronts 12k rears because i am a fucking man!

you can rent the roller and do it yourself. it’s pretty easy

I run 8/6 on mine and ill have to agree they are a tad rough at times.

spring rates will be different for each type of car, what will work great on an s2000 will be horrible on a corolla

i would post this on a model specific forum

Thanks for the feedback guys.

One other question, have any of you used another tool instead of the spanner wrenches to adjust the coil height? I am about to lower it some more, and last time it was such a PITA using those tiny spanners that BC sends, although it could just be my noobness! lol

do the math to convert those rates to lb/in

I have 450lb front and 275lb rear in my focus, that I bought from Southwest Speed and they were only $30/spring. I’m very happy with them, I’ve purchased a bunch of springs from them in varying lengths and rates to get the ride where I like it.

Thanks! I will check out southwest.

I think in kg that would be 8/4ish so pretty close to what i have (little lighter in the rear).

depends on vehicle weight, weight distribution and intended application.

FYI many people find success with lower rates and more advanced shocks/stiffer chassis.

BC has a variety of shocks, from those with no adjustability at all to double adjustable remote reservoir shocks - there is a big difference.

I have the BC type BR bodys (which may be their entry level model), I believe its a 30 way dampening. I may try to grab a set of 6/4 (which is what BC originally wants to send stock) and then dial in my dampening…