Colgan Air Q400 crashes outside of Buffalo, NY

And killed all 48 passengers and crew on board:(

I’m sitting next to the captain that flew the SAME plane earlier today and nothing was wrong with it at that time…

RIP. There is a chance that this will take even more jobs from the Capital Region.

i just read about this. thats crazy. terrible accident.

any leak on the cause yet?

link.

Our guess right now is icing (causing it to stall).

my guess is internal engine failure, from reading it seems they were to high to ingest anything when the problem occured.

its terrible when a plane crashes. unless youve been involved in aviation, you dont fully understand what goes on after. maintenance operations shut down. all your logs, tool records, maintence portfolios. workcenter track logs, all confiscated and inspected by the FAA or other inspecting body. maintenance action form signoff’s TD compliance, AFB, AFC compliance, daily inspection and turn around inspections, pre and post flight. usually they check the flight log for that side number up to 3 months prior to check for recurring issues… its intense

saw your Icing reference… very possible at that altitude, airspeed and temperature.

It would have glided in if it was an engine failure. This one pretty much nose dived.

leading edge icing, loss of flap/ slat function… not familiar with the configuration of that jet, but do they use multi plane flaps or single?

Check your PM’s…the notifications on this site for PM’s kinda blow.

just got it, replied.

I’ve never worked on one, but I’m guessing that it’s single. Colgan got their first Q400 the day that I quit.