comforatable tools?

what do you techs use? I mostly use 3/8’’ and 1/4’’
my craftsman is good for around the house but I’m looking for something better. And I am not sure about snap on’s $111 3/8’’

Just wondering what you tech’s as a profession use

thanks
adam

When I was a tech I used Craftsman stuff a lot for hand tools. I found Snap-On and Matco stuff to be better under torque. Also in tight spots I found that Craftsman are no good because the ratchet requires too much travel before it clicks. All of my air tools are Matco with the exception of a 1/2" Craftsman pro impact that I actually broke several times but they warrantied it for me.

My favorite ratchets, by far, are made by a company called Facom. They’re distributed in the US by SK. All of their stuff is 5 degree per click, and feels great. My ratchet drawer is full of these, Mac and Snap-on, and I reach for the Facom 95% of the time

FYI. Duralast tools (at Autozone) are reportedly made by Snap-On. Same factories and ratchet designs. Might be worth checking them out.

humm thanks guys

do you have a price book? I am on the/a website and dont see a price?

no duralast are certainly not snapon, owned or manufactured…
u may be able to get ur snapon dealer to take a pos on trade to knock down that price tag tho…

Snap-On makes Kobalt tools, not Duralast, but I highly doubt they’re made to the same standards as their own or even with the same materials.

well seeing the snap-on book is right here next to me and I don’t see koblat, I see blue point tools

A snap on guy told me that some of the kobalt hand tools are in fact made by Snap-on. I was a bit surprised to say the least.

snap-on and blue point are the same thing, just different warranty’s. i use the snap-on 3/8" ratchet w/ swivel head and extra long handle. for sockets i use evercraft from napa. lifetime warranty and i can buy them at cost :slight_smile:

Im pretty sure the evercraft don’t have a lifetime warranty but the NHT (napa hand tools) line is lifetime. I could be wrong as I have yet to do any warranty on a evercraft tool.

from my experience snap-on and mac cant be beat for everyday mechanical use…like techs that use them everyday…they are so ergomonic and durable compared to stanley craftsmand and even Kobalt. i have a variation of snap-on craftsman kobalt and duralast…by snap-on 3/8" ratchet that i use frequently is by far better than my craftman. but its all opinion. i know snap-on is very expensive but for an auto tech using them 10-12 hrs a day they are more than worth it

btw IR 1/2" titanium impact FTW…

when i was working in the dealer as a tech, i bought mostly MAC, about 85% was Mac, the rest was Snap-On, Matco and some S-K 1/4 and 3/8 sockets and rachets. I also heard that Snap-On makes Kobalt, and that Stanley makes MAC tools.

hand tools i use some craftsman and some duralast , when there new they work good then they break and i brign em back so it works out, my airgun is mac basically a ingersoll rolland copy

I swear by my snap-on tools. I HATE craftsman. They’re so bulky and rough on the hands.

craftsman ratchets are the suck. snap-on is the obvious winner, but if you aren’t going to be using them every day prolly not worth the money. I usually use craftsman sockets since they are pretty good and if they do break you can run to sears and replace them.

And when was the last time you saw Snap-On tools f/s in Lowes?

oh i thought the title of this thread said “comfortable stools”…nevermind