Company ideas for a friend

I have a friend who just finished college at Duquesne, he has a Masters degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Information Systems Management. He currently works for Maronda homes, and has for the past 6 years. He is looking for another job because Maronda barely pays him shit and I told him that he should be getting more than 35k a year for what he does and the degree he has. Any ideas on companies he could apply at?? I figured with all the people on here that work in IT and everything, someone could recommend a good company.

bayer?

eatonjobs.com

let me know if he applies so i can get the reference dollars :slight_smile:

Bayer, Thermo-Fisher, Cellomics…

Tell him to distribute his resume/CV via LinkedIn or Monster and see what turns up in this area. There are lots of large® companies downtown that’ll have good use for someone like that I would think.

kennametal

Bayer, One of my friends moms works up there. I think shes a network admin or something like that. But I know she hires and fires people and makes damn good money!

i’d have him get more in touch with people in the industry (which is what you’re doing so i’ll leave it at that)… workpittsburgh, pghtech, dice, careerbuilder are all good sources for IT jobs… what is your friends ambition and specifics? has he ever worked anywhere? to be frank, without experience he’s not going to be worth what might be expected (having a degree and all)… lacking experience he should try to get in somewhere in the helpdesk realm… sounds shitty, but that’s reality.

also, bayer is a satisfactory company to deal with… turnover there is pretty high and the outsourcing faction of the business is growing… they are undergoing infrastructure transformation that is taking dependencies away from the area… nothing insane or ruining of the business, but i’m curious as to why they are a ‘hot’ employer? i know they’ve been trying to staff engineering jobs for over a year now… tons of consulting opportunities there, just not worth the time (in my humble opinion).

every company has computers… every company needs support… so finding a job shouldn’t be an issue… networking the right groups to find the right job is the caveat. have him forward his resume to staffing companies and try to get in somewhere as a staff augmentation position… otherwise work a help desk and build experience…

anytime you upload an IT resume tons of emails and calls will follow… local recruiting firms watch those sites for recently modified resumes to weed out potential applicants from past ‘lookers’.

Actually he has 6 years of experience, he started there in his second year of school.