Completely lost...

m just completely lost at the moment. I have a billion choices and options and 6,000$ to do so with. and i am 50/50 on the choices.

Option one…

426 12:1 compression, big cam, eagle heads, Full E85 compatable. I dont have to pay for pistons, I have a block that was resleeved so i cant boost it and i was going to stay NA and add a 300 shot on it for fun. Rods are like 420$ pistons are free, Crank is like 550$ or whatever. Complete new fuel system is expensive as hell and the injectors are 600$. This way with this motor i can still race the stroker NA class in the next years Modern hemi street shoot out and i feel compete.

Option 2 is…

Buy a new block i found for 1100$ shipped, go with a forged 6.1 Buy used forged pistons for 200$, use stock crank for free, Buy rods for 420$. Buy flower for 1500$ it just needs the pro charger HO intercooler. Tial 50mm, Some misc piping, Full fuel system for E85 which is still around 2,000$. plus more ya know? But the thing of it is i have always wanted a blower car. With this set up, and running 16 pounds of boost and throwing it on E85 i feel i can get to around 850. But, i dont think that will make me a top competitor in the modern street hemi racing for next year. When it all comes down to the end i want to do well in the racing series because i love racing and love the traveling and friends and all that goes along with it. Im really torn 50/50 on what to do.

Have my free nitrous kit i won from shop hemi so that can go to either build…

Nitrous extras i need are about 400$

If i go the Forged 6.1 build i have some items to sell.

Damaged block-700$?
5.7 kooks full exhaust with mids-800$?

If i go with the NA build i can sell…

-5.7 stage 2 heads brand new…1300$?
-5.7 full exhaust-800$?

I have the 6,000$ and 500$ on hold for reserve for a little extra.

Just really really stressed and confused, and need to start making moves, quick.

I did rough math and estimating on the Forced induction build and with all of this…

new block,blower,rods,crank,pistons,injectors,exhaust, fuel hat,lines,regulator,rails,rings,timing set,intercooler, BOV, fuel pumps its about 6,000$ exactly, If i sell the block for 750$ thatll bring it down too 5,250$

The NA build with: rods,crank,lines,fuel hat, injectors,nitrous accesories,fuel pumps, exhaust, heads, regulator, rails, rings, timing set, head springs and accesories is about 5,000$ I could sell the stage 2 heads my motor guy is reparing and cleaning up for about 1200$ so thats 4200$ roughly total.

About 1000$ difference give or take.

Im really at a point where this is starting to drive me nuts. Im not sure where to go, what to do and all the numbers,decisions, timing is starting to get to me. Another thing about forging the motor and going boost set up, i can then have it set for twin turbos or any other blower set up i desire which i feel like is a good thing. But, the NA build will be a good fun solid build. I just dont think it’ll be cost efficient with the Nitrous having to be refilled so often using a 300 shot on a 10 pound bottle will be gone quickly.

Now, what to do.

A few things… you’re gonna be REALLY surprised how far 6K doesn’t go. The FI route is out of the question imo. Also, a 300 shot is a lot of jug… start out low, 100 then step up to 150, 200 and so on. You’re going to need to make sure your kit can handle that kind if load, high flow bottle valve, lines, solenoids, and whatever you’re spraying it through(jets, spray bar, plate, etc)

turbz

Invest the $6K in E30s.

Agreed.

Also, for you to be this stressed out about mods… you’re really forgetting the reason we all enjoy modding and our cars. Shouldn’t be this stressful.

Dont’ forget FI can be a major PITA. Boost leaks, etc.

Well the novi1500 kit i am buying is 1500$ all i need is the intercooler. Always wanted a blower car. Im stressed because i need to figure it out by like,tonight.

Boost it only because it sounds sweet and the power will always be there unlike with nitrous

why not just boost up your current motor

The novi1500 kit would be good! Grab a Mishimoto 4" core front mount intercooler for $220ish and run that.

this.

Is there something wrong with the stock block? I see you would resale a “damaged block.” I think I would just get a Ps3 and Gt, and save 5,700. lol

Weight reduction in the best mod… and free

I have a 6.1 block that was resleeved. Cant really boost it too much with that. I sold almost all of my set up i have now. Heads, cam, manifold, injectors etc for 4,000$ to help fund my new build. Stock block not forged is good for maybe 8 lbs of boost if that. And thatd be pushing it. I found a 426 forged aluminum short block 9:1 for 3000$ blower is 1500$ this dude went 9.60’s at 147 with his twin turbos so its a good block. I was thinking of looking into a 100mm single turbo build

Swap a LS1 in it.

trying not to go slower.

LOL I wont start that war.

Pick up that forged shortblock and do the novi.

LOL Just wait, Drew will be all over that one soon enough.

i dont know your whole situation, but is your motor blown up?

if it comes down to a blower vs nitrous go blower, its just safer and long term will save you from filling bottles all the time, and worrying about pressure etc.

personally id go with turbz if its an option though.

i speak from experience…save up more then decide.

I havent even started with install cost and tuning yet.