Computer disposal or recycling??????

Looking for pick up of several old computers.
Apparently I am not supposed to just throw them in the dumpster.
I googled it but didn’t have much luck.
Anyone know of a good local source?
(I have aboot 20 computers/printers, etc I need to get rid of.)

How old are they? You could donate them…

it’s earthday…dump them in the lake.

^lol. I would get in big trouble.

They are quite old. They used to be whiteish now they are yellowish.lol Some may be 20 years old.

:word:
did that with a couple of old rigs i had laying around.

+1 its kinda like giving back

Now that I think about it these computers(some) are older than the average NYSPEEDER. lol

Then they are practically new

http://earth911.com/electronics/

Electronics Recycler Program in New York

Program Details:
Company: Lancaster Recycling
Address: 2 Benzel Court
Lancaster , NY 14086
County: USA
Program Type: Private Recycler
Services: • Recycling
• Refurbishment
• Resale
Phone: (716) 685-8880
Fax: (716) 685-8884
Web Address:
Items Accepted: There may be a nominal fee for handling Monitors and televisions.
Certifications:
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm Saturday 8am - 12pm
Other Information:
Quantity Accepted: All Quantities

And if any of them are decent…
Electronics Recycler Program in New York

Program Details:
Company: Computers For Children
Address: 2558 Delaware Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14216
County:
Program Type: NON
Services:
Phone: (716) 843-8880
Fax:
Web Address: http://computersforchildren.com/
Items Accepted: CPU,monitor,computer_peripherals. 486 and above, 14 monitor or larger, keybaords, mice, inket & laser printers in working condition, Mac Performa or better
Certifications:
Hours of Operation:
Other Information: Call for donation and drop-off information.
Founded as a 501©(3) agency in 1997, Computers For Children acquires and refurbishes computer donations and places them in financially-challenged schools of the Western New York community. Nonprofits and economically disadvantaged families may also purchase computers at greatly reduced prices.
Quantity Accepted:

I feel a little bad about putting 2 desktops + a monitor at the curb.

what the hell do they do with a 486 these days if you donate it? teach the kids to play solitaire?

Thanks Jay.

usually you could just leave shit like TVs and computers at the curb(out of the garbage bin). you live in the sticks though right? not sure how that would work.

Its hazardous material you can’t throw it in a dumpster

oh, is this at work and not at home? I was talking about residential trash pick up.

The thing is I think I need traceability because I am a company.(Cradle to grave type of thing).
If the Epa shows up and asks where we got rid of our old computers I need documentation.
My Chinese competitors probably don’t have that expense.:wink:

I have put old computers out to the curb at home and they are gone before the garbage man even shows up.

Really, because Amherst trash pickup took two old desktops and a blown CRT monitor I put at the curb no questions asked about 5 months ago.

Are you sure a scavanger didn’t take them?
Shits gone in minutes out here. lol

Amherst will take them and dispose of them properly. Most pick ups will, you just can’t put them with the other trash in the standard bin.

Kenmore did the same last fall.

Drop them off at Computers for Children, get a tax writeoff.
Call it a day and be happy knowing 6 year olds won’t be without a 486 that plays solitaire on Windows 3.11

I was speaking in terms of a business…I didn’t think as a home user he had 20 PCs laying around…