Computer geek content ITT

DAMN, son!
http://www.crunchgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/7ghz.jpg
:excited:excited:excited:excited:excited:excited

AMD doing serious work!

what processorz?

Gots to be on N2. If you havnt seen that shit, look up Nitrogen cooled over clocking. They use huge copper heat sink towers that they pour liquid N2 into to freeze the shit out of the proc.

BTW, the world reccord last time I checked was on a P4 3.0 stock running 8.2GHZ!

I have to brag a bit too… I got my E8600 up over 5.0GHZ. Lapped the proc and the Xigmatec cooler, with 2 Ultra Kaze 120mms on it. 5.0Ghz on air is sick. It runs daily at 4.1ghz, and has for the last 6 months or so!

Impressive.

The core 2’s and now the i5/7 processors its ridiculous how much heat they can take and still run efficiently…

…but for how long is the question…

Nice work!!

NICE, Mike. Thats awesome.

Thanks guys… I didnt want to hijack the thread but, I yeah I am a pritty big deal, people know me… lol

Yeah I might have to get a copy of Win7 and a new i7 proc to see how it can multitask and clock.

What kind of mobo’s do you run? I’m a fan of DFI lanpartys. But just recently picked up a Gigabit.

A friend of mine has had his overclocked to 4.0ghz on the stock heatsink with a good Antec case for 2 years now…

My E6550 has been overclocked from 2.3 to 3.2 on stock heatsink for over a year with no issues…

On a stock heatsink?

People are hitting a 0.9-1Ghz overclock on the Phenom II processors. I have the black edition AM2+ 940, 3.0GHz per core. Maybe this winter I’ll turn the boost up and see what happens. I still have an AM2 water block :ninja

Its a EVGA 790iFTW board. It is sick.

Thats on a STOCK INTEL heatsink??? no-wai…

Nice, I’m running the 790 chipset as well!

great minds think alike! What RAM?

I’m actually running ram from my old setup until I really need to upgrade:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227185

4 gigs total

Sorry mines 3.0 flat… I ran 3.2 for awhile but ran into some stuttering issues on high load playing video games from it getting to hot, especialy during the summer

but yea dude youd be amazed, ALSO! 2 big factors that play in the ability to use the stock heatsink is to not use the POS thermal paste that comes on the heatsink, replace it with AS5… and also really good case ventilation.

They get warm but they take the heat extremely well, my old AMD’s hated being overclocked unless there was some serious cooling

Check out the xigmatec 13XX coolers. They are like $40-50 or something. Even with the stock 120mm fan they are silent and just installing that over the stock sink dropped my temps from high 60’s at stock clock full load, to under 40C! and I threw on 2 ultra kaze monster fans and it dropped to 36C! loud as fuck though, but i have headphones so i dont care. Case is a LianLi PC7 with an ultra kaze on the back for exhaust and the stock 140mm front intake. One other ultra kaze in the middle to redirect flow up and out a bit. With all the fans turned down to 20% it is silent and stays nice and cool for web surfing, and the like. Games are 100% and chilly, but sounds like a server!

LianLi cases are nice, I love mine