Computer Help Please

Disconnect everything from the motherboard but ram, power and switch. Make sure the board is completely clean of dust buildup. My computer kept shutting off this week by itself, opened er up, sprayed off the 1 inch layer of dust and Im back in business. Also inspect all diodes and capacitors on the board. If it looks like its burnt, it probably is and ur board is toast. Did u try ur old power supply in another working computer before buying the new one?

i did all that… still doesnt turn on… im thinking of just going to buy another exact board… i found 2 on ebay… but their 120bucks…

so does anyone have a Intel D845HV Pentium4 motherboard with a Pentium4 2.0GHz GHz Northwood 0.13-micron 2A processor??? :blue:

i did all that… still doesnt turn on… I really think what happened is that it built up sooo much dust in the gameroom that it finally bit the dust :kekegay:
im just going to buy another exact board… i found 2 on ebay… but their 120bucks…

Yep i need a D845HV Pentium4 Motherboard with a pentium4 Processor:blue:
so if anyone has it let me know ASAP
Fshowcars??? :x:

i’d bet you ran your shit too hot (broken fan? shit in case?) and broke it… should have had someone look at it instead of turning it on over and over.

Well im looking for a motherboard and processor, if anyone has it let me know

as i said, i’m going with a dead fan

i have p4 motherboards… but not and D845HV’s… i just have old dell junk… like p3 1.0s and shit.

then again i charge less for an entire machine than you’re looking to spend to replace the board… so :dunno:

im getting a new motherboard and processor from intel,

the power supply was on 230v instead of 115v, so i think that might have been the problem

Well i threw together a Peice of shit computer for now with spare parts i found, only thing that pisses me off is no sound… but yet it has audio holes on the motherboard…:dunno:

i just have to send my main computer’s motherboard and processor in to get brand new shit for free :smiley: and the kicker is… im going to get a better processor out of the deal too, i had a 1.6ghz pentium4, im most likely going to get a 2.4ghz pentium4 in return since they dont make the 1.6 anymore, woot woot!

drivers for the board?

i loaded XP on it, when i try playing something in windows media player it says i dont have a sound card… but yet it has the mic, sound in and sound out ports on the motherboard. i :dunno:

Check that its enabled in the bios and that you have the correct chipset drivers installed.

:rofl:

i looked all over in the bios and couldnt find anything about audio :ugh2:

still no sound… says i dont have a sound device… but yet i dont have a PCI sound card on my other computer… it just runs off the motherboard… any ideas?

this may be crazy, but there are these things called drivers. they tell the computer what the cards are

i tried updateing the drivers, didnt let me update it

and i looked on my device manager and the only thing with a ! mark is the SM Bus Controller… which is??? anyways i tried updateing that driver and that didnt let me either