Computer Help Please

im on a laptop now…

OK i moved my computer up to my room yesterday, plugged everything in and it was running perfect just as it was in the gameroom, well i left today and was gone for about 4 hours.

well i came back and bumped the mouse cuz the screen saver was on, went to click on winamp to listen to some music and it froze, crl alt del didnt work and neither did the reset button, so i pulled the plug and plugged it back in, for the first 10 mins the computer came on but the screen didnt work, then i turned it off and came back 5 mins later and i turned it on and it worked, but then it froze on the xp loading screen… i dont know whats wrong with it… now the computer wont turn on, so i shut it off and im waiting a little bit then im going to go back and give it a try again, if anyone might happen to know whats going on it would be great to let me know, be serious here too!

thanks

needs WD-40

:rofl:

Never, ever, ever, ever EVER pull the plug on a computer and then plug it right back in! EVER!!!

Second… try booting in safe mode… (I think it’s hold Ctrl while it’s booting up). If Safe Mode works, then go to msconfig and get rid of some of the shit that’s booting whenever you start up. Anything useless… Winamp, AIM, MSN Messenger, etc.

mines been f’ed up ever since this board was f’ed up the other night… everytime i watch a vid, it locks up after watching it and i have to close IE the reopen it. It really pisses me off, cause sometimes i lose the new posts.

don’t bs the kid and not finish what you have to do… use a blank cd, spray the blank cd with wd-40 and insert it in the cd-rom, then format c:\ :bash:

boot to safe mode - tap F8 right after BIOS screen

Not to be stupid or anything, but what does this do?? My computer freezes up every once in a while if I don’t reboot for a few days…sorry Jenn I pull the plug and wait a min or two and plug it back in and it works :dunno:

you have a dead fan… cpu is overheating

/thread

haha

you can do that… power supplies have interruptors which will protect the board from a sudden jolt… older machines you wouldn’t want to…

DON’T DO THIS!

explain why… or don’t even bother posting.

I am curious as to why not as well…there is no other way to power it down tho…control alt delete doesn’t do it after several times and a system busy/unstable press any key warning keeps coming up… the plug gets pulled :dunno:

blow me, i was talking about the wd-40 in the cd-rom

:offtopic:

Update: Computer wont turn on now… it gets power but when i go to push the button nothing works… Neighbor that helped be build this computer a couple years ago thinks its the power supply causing it to not turn on, but yet the freezing part and such sounds maybe like a HD crash… thank god i have 2 harddrives and have all my important stuff on my own drive (D: Drive)
windows and everything that runs the system is on the (C: Drive)… i have my fingers crossed that its not the harddrive and something just small… :frowning:

DAMNIT I TRIED THAT OMFGOMFGIT MESSED UP MAH COMPUDDAAAHHH

NOOOEZZZ OH NOEZ

hey, you never know

OK i replaced the power supply, it still wont turn on. neighbor said that my harddrives are most likely fine. but i still dont understand what is causing the computer NOT to turn on… i disconnected the reset button pin on the motherboard ( in case the reset button was bad) and tried turning it on, but no go there either… also took the power switch jumper off the mother board and tried jumpin it and that didnt work either… more help on this would be great, thanks

OK i replaced the power supply, it still wont turn on. neighbor said that my harddrives are most likely fine. but i still dont understand what is causing the computer NOT to turn on… i disconnected the reset button pin on the motherboard ( in case the reset button was bad) and tried turning it on, but no go there either… also took the power switch jumper off the mother board and tried jumpin it and that didnt work either… more help on this would be great, thanks