Computer people....need your opinion

the first link has the intel faster than your new amd 74.

you can continue to build your amd’s and i’m sure everything will be fine, but intel has a better chip than amd right now.

I was like this a few weeks ago also. I read about how great the amd stuff was, then i went out and looked at some new articles and found intel to be clearly ahead. Maybe you should read about the new stuff instead of just sticking to what you think is right because that’s what you know. In case you didn’t know, the IT field changes rather quickly. What is true today may not be true tomorrow. Read up on the new stuff then get back to me.

i love how people on here love to continue debates.
the point i’m stressing IS…
it’s useless
why
who really has the need…to run their games that fast
bottles necks like internet speed…latency…server speed will ruin the games online play(reason why most people buy pc games today…online owns)and it’s hardware that the game designers will probably never catch up to…why…because new chips come out every couple of months. and as i said earlier…intel made a impact…this year…and this year only…amd has reigned supreme for a nice time now…and if they are doing what any other company would do…they have some behemeth of a chip that has yet to be released that will make intel cry

god does this thread suck… I remember why I never post about computers. with an exception of a few most are just “trendy” computer users.

my favorite quote in this whole thread is “intel just like microsoft has and always will play catch up”

but back on topic of the thread, I got a special build of XP that i gurantee will run great on your machine! I have it running on a p3 550mhz with 256mb of PC133 RAM and it runs great. The girl uses it for the basics, internet, aim and ipod. Never complains once about it being slow!

thats the pittspeed mentality…flame…be flamed…argue. Is this special build like having a weight redux on a car?

the point is…

intel is better than amd.

regardless of if you need it or not, amd is behind and will be for quite a while(if you would read any of the links and do a little research you would know this).

You can try to justify buying and amd processor all you want, but it’s still second best.

if you look at how long they were ahead…and what it took intel to do to actually become #1…what makes you think amd can’t and won’t do the same thing…to be #1 for years…again. end of convo…back to topic b4 pewter starts editing

you’re wrong.

read up on the new stuff. you are behind the times in your thinking.

why would pewter start editing? he has never messed with my threads unless it’s just joking around and everyone knows it. Maybe he thinks you’re a :tool: like the rest of the board does.

Whitey - what’s wrong with the thread? There is some good info about the new stuff that is out. And I have xp running on a 450mhx 128mb ram machine, but it’s just a little slow when doing word documents and such.

get more memory??
and me being a tool? i think you are speaking of yourself and up to 80% of people on here.
80% of the people on here don’t know shit about cars(myself included)
80% of the people on here like you if your stupid like them but the second you show a bit of knowledge you get flamed…and i’m the tool? i need a smiley that says “this forum sucks”

know it all computer person named xlogic!

click the “x” in the top right corner if you think this board sucks soo bad.
I :love: this board, even with asshats like yourself here.

And why get more memory for my old machine, it does just fine how it is. And I even have Symantec antivirus running on it. But I am not behind 2 hardware firewalls though, I only have 1.

meh, main reason I dont say much unless im the first person. So the XP build you have, was it a slipstreamed build you did yourself? I had some coworks at the last job that were into that. One kid had a build that fit on a 128mb usb memory stick. Said he removed all the language packs and such.

for what its worth It bit into a core 2 duo, but I have a laptop.

wassell makes special builds… he is a nut

Id love to have a copy of XP with all that useless crap removed

if you have bogged down performance while trying to write WORD documents i don’t think it’s running “just fine” thats like saying…oh my car runs…but when i turn on the lights it loses 75hp

you are retarded, please quit posting in computer threads.

x2

fuck you??:wackit:

wonder what he uses, there are some programs ppl have built just for slipstreaming. I wouldnt mind removing all this HP crap on this laptop. :hsdance:

dom… stop saying slipstreaming… it makes me want to stab myself in the face…

you don’t need a program to modify a windows install… i mean what exactly are you trying to achieve? a build to put on a shitty machine for performance? you don’t have to rebuild the OS install to get a stipped installation…

or are you just f’ing around for fun? i have at least 5 windows builds that we’ve modified on the job or for fun… i think only one is for a workstation though… you can write some VB and uninstall all that unwanted HP crap very easily!