computer problems

anyways lately my internet is really slow and doesn’t work half the time and msn doesn’t work. does anybody know wut i could do to try and fix this or take it to a decent cheap shop…lol. it has no virus protection either. i have no idea wut to do so if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. thx

I gotcha covered. Give me a call 221-4046. Can you bring the computer to me? $50 to fix it that way, $80 if you want me to come to your house.

first get urself a virus scanner and spyware scanner. there are some free ones on the net that work ok. if u have someone that has norton it will do.

as for spyware scanner, just google ad aware se. it works good and keeps the spyware off ur comp. if you have no viruses or spyware then take it to jeff and let him have at er.

btw make sure u dont download some junk virus scanner as it can end up hurting ur comp instead of fixing it.srry i dont know what any good ones are called. Just remember google is your friend.

what internet do you have?

mines doin that lately too but I think its shaw there havin problems lately

Mike

wooo Jeff, Didnt know you were a Geek :stuck_out_tongue:

^ i got shaw and it runs good for me everyday… if you actually call shaw and ask them, sometimes they even send a guy out to look at your comp. i know they did for me once and they ended up replacing the cable underground to the house because it was old a all cracked.

its worth a shot, so just call shaw and tell them ur net is slow.

X2, we were having problems and Shaw came by a replaced the cable, big improvement.

Ahhh the benefit of DSL, mine is always fast.

go to www.trendmicro.com

Use the program called House Call… It will scan for viruses and spy/malware.

Another good spyware scanner is Spybot search and destroy www.spybot.info/

Picks up stuff that gets missed by Adaware.

Sorry I almost shit my pants laughing… just let me regroup.

Bit defender is a really good antivirus online scan www.bitdefender.com. I run it once a month and it picks up what my regular Antivirus software works.