Concept Camaro in WNY ???

One of the members on my site said he is almost positive that he saw the 2010 Camaro driving around Maple and Transit yesterday. It was black

So keep your eyes open and take some pics if you happen to see it! :slight_smile:

could be…do they still have an extensive test lab up at Delphi like they did when it used to be Harrison? maybe one of the engineers up there took it home for the weekend haha

my buddy’s dad was working on something for the new camaro and said they have a test mule there… so there is one in the buffalo area

Dude, hook me up! :slight_smile:
I got to ride in the 93 Camaro mule. I want to get dibs on a 2010 for a ride before they get out.

haha get in line :smiley:

USUALLY not a good thing when you see a test vehicle in this area. It means it’s going to be crash-tested at that place in Buffalo.

True. But there is also a testing area at the engine plant too.
And I don’t think they crash the mules since they aren’t final production. I thought it was final versions of the car they crash test at Calspan.

it is because we have sold them before… must be purchased from a dealer just as a normal customer would so it keeps the vehicles random

i believe it, i remember seeing a test mule c6 Z06 in early 2005 way before those cars were even out. I will tell my dad to keep an eye open at the plant for the Camaro

one of my customers is real high up at the plant, i’ll call him monday and see if its there… i’ll post any info i get

according to gm (i used to work for ac delco) there are 2 camaros in ny along with 5 fuel cell cars running around the thruway finishing up there “winter” testing
just a fyi

there is at least one 2010 camaro that has been at delphi lockport, they also have been doing airflow testing on it at their test labs in amherst. so most likely it is a confirmed siting as they do drive it back and forth between locations.

i think i have some pics of them on my phone, i was at barrett jackson a couple weeks ago and there were 2 or 3 there

joe if u get a 2010 will it not run like your 69 ?

thats for the OFFICIAL ratings.

i know plenty of pre production mules die the crashtest fate, especially if they were never issued a vin. after a mule spends a year being slammed around the “rough road” test track or something, what ya gonna do with it anyways ?

smash car into wall
collect data so theres no major surprises on the production car
send car to crusher

I wanna see one up close. :frowning:

Funny you say this because I was at Delphi last Tuesday in the wind/testing tunnels for work and could have swore I saw the back end of this car in one of their garages.

yes, it was around there on friday. my gf does contract work for delphi and got to check it out in person.

or to a junkyard, where a guy sees a split window corvette, and decides to buy the shell to restore at a later date, only to find out upon attempting to order parts that his VIN “doesn’t exist in the computer for part matching”…further investigation reveals its a 63 split-window prototype Z06 one of nine made…lol (friend of bonacci’s from work…he paid 15K for the car and its almost finished…worth about a quarter to half million)

i bet it was the new dodge