Concrete costs

Anyone have a feel what concrete costs in upstate NY right now? I’m looking at around 24 yards.

If you aren’t a contractor just calling in expect to pay about $120 ish / CY for 4000PSI add $5-6 / cy for fibermesh or POZZ.

I assume that’s not delivered?

$$

I’ve looked into a poured concrete pad last year. I was shocked to see how much it was going to cost for 8" deep 10x15 pad.

10x15 pad should be around $1200-$1500 max if I were doing it. Depends on where it is.

^^ That would be delivered… you can’t pick up concrete yourself.

^That’s about the cost I figured out as well.

Well duh! I didn’t know if there would be a delivery charge on top of that estimate.

I’m looking for a 30’x40’ garage floor (new construction) with a 2 post lift in mind.

I paid just over $3k for a 32’ x 26’ - 4" thick pad, colored and stamped. That was just over 2 years ago but I can find out from my friend who delivered. I’m sure prices have gone up but not sure how drastically…

I was like what? lol “Bring a hefty bag.”

I paid $2000 for a 27 x 27 driveway pad 2 years ago. That included labor… and delivery. :wink:

Are you planning on pouring this pad, and then building a garage on top of that?

X…

I plan on doing this however is suggested to me once I decide on stick built vs. pole barn. I don’t know enough about concrete or which building style to say how it’ll be done.

I am gathering estimates right now and I’ve had some outrageous numbers thrown my way for concrete and I wanted a sanity check.

Not to stick my nose in too far here but the yardage amount you mentioned is quite large, unless you are calculating for haunches or extra thick floor. Charges / pricing are typically delivered per yard with a minimum quantity, or there is a “short load” charge. Most trucks run 10 yards or so max capacity. Winter rates may still be in effect. Weekends usually fetch a weekend rate upcharge. Don’t waste your time with fiber. Heard it sucks to finish. Use 4" wire mesh and rebar at the main door if you like. If you’re doing this yourself, please don’t get in over your head.

Eh Fiber is only a bitch for stamped concrete, it finishes exactly the same imo. I’ve used it on 100s of jobs and the stuff really works, but we still put wire mesh in everything we pour.

1280 ft², 6" thick floor = 23.7 yards
I don’t plan to do the work myself, just looking for approximate costs of the floor I am anticipating. I know I’d be in over my head trying to do that big of a job myself and I can’t afford to do it twice or have it wrong once if I am putting a lift up.

Only need 4.5" for a lift. 8" is overkill unless you’re putting in a lift for a firetruck. Standard garage pad is wire meshed 4.5" usually, just have them plan the expansion joints around where your lift columns will be or you’re cutting a 4’x4’ hole, cross drilling carefully and using rebar to tie into the existing pad. Ask me how I know…

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-X7fb1RHPeIw/Tg3ZgUfIdOI/AAAAAAAABKM/ZVUMEcy6QiQ/s640/2011-06-30%252018.50.46.jpg
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-qpNBCO7ackI/TkB12BeY-eI/AAAAAAAABOc/-TTrrWB2UWk/s640/2011-08-08%252019.48.04.jpg
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-G8QAIho3CB8/Tg3ZMLHmbTI/AAAAAAAABKI/TsBH2o80KPc/s640/2011-06-30%252019.01.00.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-F6XOYwFZSx0/TkBzOnGIdHI/AAAAAAAABOY/lbzhp3gNdpk/s640/2011-08-08%252019.36.51.jpg

That sucks^

The lift I’m looking at “requires” a 4 1/4" thick pad of 3500 psi concrete. If my rough estimate is for 6" (even though I’d probably go with 5"ish), I’ll budget enough for the job. I hope…

4k psi is the lowest available, garage slabs spec out to 4.5", so all you need tell them is how to do the joints& you’ll be all set.

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

Cutting, easy. Lifting out the chunks, cake. Getting the first one to pop up to get ahold, nightmare.

I have fiber in my basement floor and it crack like a mother. I was naive and listened to my lazy concrete contractor when he said, “You can use fiber instead of wire mesh.” Fucker.

Save yourself some money. Pour the areas where the lift posts will go a little deeper, add rebar deep enough not to interfere with the mounting of the posts. Pour the rest at 4" of 4000 psi. That will bring you down to about 15 yds. +/-. 23.7 (orig. estimate) -15 yds (revised)=8.7 x $ 120.00/yd.= $ 1,044.00 savings. 6" would be overkill for the main area.