http://finance.yahoo.com/loans/article/104561/11-Worst-Cars-Consumer-Reports

Go America! /sigh

Dodge Nitro SLT

Score: 33

Highs: None

hahahahaha. I hate that fucking thing.

Ahh, America.

(I think I’m gonna make that my slogan)

That list sucks. Most of them consisted of “This vehicle was designed to excel in xxxx. unfortunately, xxxx wasnt included in this study.” No offroad ability for SUV’s? No reliability for a subcompact? What did they include?

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Score: 17 (out of 100)
Highs: Off-road ability
Lows: Ride, handling, braking, noise, fuel economy, fit and finish, visibility, frontseat comfort, access, reliability

huh?

Consumer Reports performs off-road testing at its Connecticut proving grounds, but off-road ability doesn’t factor into the final scores.
That’s part of the reason the Wrangler Unlimited gets the lowest score of any vehicle the magazine currently rates.

While the H3 is credited with good off-road capabilities, the magazine does not include its off-road tests in the final score either.
While the H3 was specifically criticized for acceleration, fuel economy and handling, it does not appear on any of Consumer reports lists of the worst vehicles in those areas, said Hummer spokesman Nick Richards.

The FJ Cruiser scored well in reliability and for off-road performance, but neither of those factors is included in Consumer Reports’ numerical score.

The Yaris is the smallest and least expensive car Toyota sells in the United States. It actually ranks at the top of the list in both reliability and low cost of ownership, but those factors are not included in Consumer Reports’ basic vehicle score.

I reiterate. That list sucks. What did they include?

Payoffs?

Seriously. They docked all the SUV’s and economy cars for being SUV’s and economy cars.

Morans.

wow that sucks, the dodge nitro dose suck.

That’s a really shitty list.

CR is really better served for microwaves and washers than cars.

They were probably based on safety, ergonomics, build quality and reliability. As much as people like to believe SUV’s are safe, they are not. The H2 or H3 actually scored one of the worst frontal crash ratings of all new vehicles. Don’t know what the ergonomics on most American cars are like but I know they don’t hold a candle to ze Germans or Japan. Build quality? Heh. Should I even go there? How about reliability? Yeah right. Total Recall has a whole new meaning.

Read post #6 and/or the article

Oops, missed that. That definitely doesn’t make sense but I would assume they only compare aspects that all vehicles share. You can’t say the Corvette is better than the Range Rover because it’s the best handling and you can’t say the opposite because the Rover is the most capable off-roader. See where I’m going with this?

True! Want a car review? Pick up a car magazine, or several for that matter and read them all.

yay no cobalt

CR’s opinionated stuff sucks…

Their test results aer usually the only thing worth reading over.

Look at the people that would read CR for a car review. For that demographic I can understand them not giving points for off road capability. Anyone who’s serious into off roading is going to be reading off road mag reviews, not CR. For the other 95% of truck/SUV buyers it makes a lot of sense to disregard off road performance since the vehicles will never be more off road than a crushed stone parking lot.

CR is for the median purchaser. If you’re looking for a fringe product like real high end A/V stuff, ultra high performance tires, top of the line gaming computers or anything outside of the average consumer’s spectrum they aren’t the mag for you.

that test was gay…

most car magazines are stupid too. most of the writers are wine and cheese crybabies. you know, like the hippies on here that piss and moan if the interior of a car isnt totally covered in leather, platinum and diamonds and whine about other useless stuff.

brian

:lol: Gotta love NYSpeed. A place where admitting to having no knowledge of something and passing judgement on it in the same sentence is normal. :picard:

Yeah, SUV’s are not safe. You can’t build a safe one. There has never been one that has done well in a crash test. No sir. There’s no such thing as momentum either. Nope.

:bloated:

Yea… so they don’t fit with the typical NYSpeeder?

Is that because they are testing new cars… and not 12 yr old NY winter beaters?