Best and worst used cars

Honda boys, rejoice. youre all over that list

Notice there’s like 2 German cars in the Best of the Best list, the Best list is mostly Japanese cars. Brings back my point in the “K20 vs. VW” thread… Japanese reliability > German reliability

we have all japanese cars in my family. everybody but me. theyre great, i like em

ha no suprise to me that my car is on the worst list

Your car is sick though. :bowdown

I think yahoo is doing a car special deal. Yesterday I believe it was they had the cheapest new cars to own. Fit was #2, Civic DX was #10? Nissan Versa(dont quote me) was #1 I believe. I know a Nissan was #1… they were all over that list.

Consumer reports hits the nail on the head again. I switched my family members over to good cars a while back, so that I do maintainence instead of repairs.

ive got a toyota and my VW, both of mine are reliable, because im a stickler with maintenace and cleanliness on my GTI. my dad has a new accord…sweet ride Yo!, and my sister has a passat 1.8t, its had no issues thus far, but its got a warrenty so why sweat it. all ive ever owned has been nissan, toyota and VW/audi…

Ford isn’t on either one…guess I can’t be happy or upset.

According to Consumer reports, Ford is the most reliable American brand by a fairly solid margin. Performance, not so much . . . but reliability? Yes. Engines, particularly, are usually heavy, underpunched and underpushed. Look at the old Y-blocks.

Although, to be fair, I drive a Ford. In Ford’s defense - the 427 Cammer was the most powerful “muscle” engine of the 60s, at over 600 HP. While nowhere near as light as a ZL1 Can-Am engine, it was monstrously powerful.

Integra FTW!!! lol…i was acctually surprised at some that were on the list…like the 911 (except '03)…and the fact that almost the whole list of worst was American…

You’d think domestic lovers would see a trend in these polls… :tong

well, thank ya kindly

i dont agree 100% with that list. How can they compare cars when they barely know where there talking about “Jetta Sedan”… News flash, last time a jetta came in 2dr was 92 and this was a chart from 98-07. And the nissan titan is badass, i know couple guys at work who love theres.

K20: Honda/Acura may always be on top for most reliable cars in these charts, however it doesnt mean that honda/acura is better than volkswagen and it doesnt mean vw is better than honda. Im not trying to start a war, just hate when people hate on other makes of cars. Maybe its just me…

Do you think the average adult knows that information? It’s a sedan, is it not? You’re trying to pick apart a report because it labels the “jetta” as a sedan? It’s not as if they said, “the sedan opposed to the coupe.” They just said it was the Jetta Sedan… wow. :headbang

Consumer Reports is known to have a bit of a bias toward and against particular things. You cannot take their information as sacrosanct.

Want to see other reports that show the same general trends?

all car magazines are biased

True but I didn’t say car magazine. I have yet to see any study that shows majority of domestic cars that are more reliable than an import. They must be all bias? :slight_smile:

ok if its auto related its biased look at this forum most people on here pick on domestics its the way it is

If the majority majority of polls/info/etc… from a variety of resources say that imports > domestics, then it is probably true.