Converting Digital 8 to an AVI or WMV file or to a CD-R or DVD-R

Need to know of a program to download or if windows movie maker does it. I downloaded Zilisoft video converter but have noclue how to use it. I know some of u guys know how to do this any help would be greatfully appreciated.

you either got to hook your camcorder up to your computer using a firewire and capture it that way, or you’ll have to get one of those cature boxes that accept RCA and S-video input for capturing… i’ve captured video off a cassette type program, using RCA cables, using a capture box i bought… it came with really easy programs for capturing it, and then from there i was able to produce it into DVDs… the capture box was just a external box, that hooked to my laptop via USB… google “video capture box” for more info on them…

but most likely i’m assuming that your digital 8 camcorder will have a firewire port, you’ll have to check and make sure it does, and then check and see if your computer has a firewire port… if they both got the ports, go buy the cord and then you can use that to capture

… and if you allready got it connected, maybe find yourself a copy of Premiere, i’m sure it’s not to hard to find if you know where to get it :naughty: