Camcorder question.

I am wondering if they make some kind of plug that will allow a non digital camcorder hook up to a computer?

so i can load my videos to my computer. or is there any way i can do this without a digital camcorder.

thanx.

What model / make of camcorder do you have?

does your cam have svideo? Else you would need a capture card with rca outputs.

If you have RCA/S-video outputs you’ll need a capture card. That is what I use for my ancient camera.

dude n3g, they make RCA and S-video to USB…hard to find but they exist

I have the line out with the rca’s. where would i get a capture card from?

there are other alternatives such as Dazzle

But if you look on newegg, or even ebay. ATI has made some for years, I have an old ATI all-in-wonder 128 that I use for that exact purpose.

There are a ton out there, I’m not much of a fan of the USB ones though. But they may have improved since I’ve last looked.

why are the usb ones bad? crappy quality or just slow at transfering?

The original ones (belkin usb video bus) were slow and crappy because they were USB1. I haven’t tried any that were USB2 though - they should be better.

does dazzle have good quality?

NOOOOO - not the dazzle!!! I have a friend that does alot of digital video stuff and she says that the dazzle is the worst thing ever made.

ok. I was reading some of the reviews on dazzle and non of them where to promising.

If i was to get just a capture card i could get my videos and sound onto my computer right. and that would most likely be the easiest thing to do right?

I am not a computer god thats why i am asking.

Just do the card, unless you have a high-end computer or you need a portable solution.

Look on ebay you can probably pick up a used one for under $60

no i just need it for my home desktop.

going to buy the card today. thanx for the help.