ATTN NEED HELP QUICK ! camcorder stuff

I got the cable and the camcorder but i cant get the videos from teh tape to the computer can someone help me im trying ot get all the good street racing / burnouts/ carshow vids from teh year while im home. Any help would be appreactiated im trying to get the stuff for posimadness 4

um what? do you have a capture device? what kind of camera? what software are you using?

sony handy cam digital 8 I got the usb software that came w/ it and the usb connecting device but i need a way to get it uploaded. Do i have to go to best buy n get tha dam plug n play thingy ?

that USB that came with it is probably just for transfer of stuff from the memory stick (jpegs & Mpegs)…thats how my sony MiniDV cam is.

I think you need to get a firewire card to get stuff off the tape.

i think ur right !

the USB will make the vid very very choppy

craptastic

i think you can get one of those new USB2.0 setups too, but firewire is more popular

aight im off to best buy. hopefully i can get what i need !!

yes you might need a capture card

what should i buy ?

sony cams come with a cd that has the usb driver and pixela image reaedy software that you can use to capture the video but it sucks hardcore, very crude.

to the best of my knowledge the USB that comes with the camera is for the data on the memory stick.
does not send video from the tape

you dont need anything to intense if your just streaming it over the web. file size is gigantichumongus.

www.bestbuy.com
what should i buy ?? :slight_smile: cause im getting the same digicamcorder soon so il need it for my vids anyway

yeah…my friend has a firewre/capture card setup for his miniDV camera & it works great.

i want to ultimately makea DVD of decent quality… im upgrading my computers ram and have tons of storage space so hopefully i can put together a decent DVD

+streams video to computer from tape. Must record it through the software, no direct file to transfer from camera

film me again,u wont have to worry!

ill have my new nike’s on this time :slight_smile: