Mini DV

anyone know how to transfer movies on to computer?

i just got this thing yesterday and i want to covert mini dv to dvd

any good editing software out there to edit and capture with ?

the firewire cable only seems to let you transfer pictures, no movie clips

thanks

:shaggy:

thats probably not a firewire cable…its a usb to trasfer the jpegs, & Mpegs

you need a firewire card in your PC & a cable to hook it to you camera so it can capture the Mini DV video
i got a copy of adobe premier 6 if you want it.

jea if you wouldent mind

so firewire, is that the same as the iDV cable?

no prob…i’ll burn you a copy

i’m not an expert on that stuff…i don’t have one…i just know most camera don’t come with that stuff…you have to get the card in your computer to capture the DV video through the firewire cable.

i have a Sony TRV30 mini DV camera…haven’t had the desire to convert video to DVD yet since i don’t have a dvd burner

pete… hit me up on aim tonight or tomorrow… it hink i can help out.

just to fuck around you can use windows movie maker to ‘rip’ it to your computer.

i’m not sure what the iDV cable is but you will need a firewire cable in order to trasfer/capture footage onto your computer. Do what fshowcars said and just mess around with it on windows movie maker. I don’t know how experienced you are with editing but, Adobe Premiere can be really intimidating at first (I have premiere pro 1.5) i would reccomend reading some of the tutorials that come along with it just to get you started. Once you get rolling though the possibilities are endless.

iDV cables are usually just 4pin -> 6pin firewire cables, 4 pin goes to the camera, 6 pin goes to the PC/whatever.

aight will do, when i get back

i’ll make you that copy of Adobe premier 6 today…let me know if you want to pick it up or if you want me to mail it.

& like lt1 said…it can be a little intimidating.

it’s cool man… ih ave premier 6 that i already burned for him…

pete, gotta hit me up!

no prob

anyone of you guys use smartsound quicktracks?

i tend to use fusion and acid for sound shit… and forge… never tried this quicktracks… might give it a shot. i’ve started a video editing project… we’ll see how it turns otu.

i’ve never used any of that, i got a bundle package kinda deal for adobe so i use adobe encore for any of my sound shit. Only problem is that i don’t have a camera right now, it sux. Does anyone know where i can find a good deal on say a Canon GL2.

go pickup a firewire card. they usually come with the cable and some type of editing software. thats how i do it all. just as long as you have a fairly newer computer.