convicted sex offenders and psychiatric hospitals

I meant with “treatment.” I’m fully aware of their capabilities of dealing with “violent psychotics.”

I just have a hard time lumping them with psychiatric patients, but I suppose if you consider it a “disorder” then it opens up the possiblity of treatment. It also opens up protections under the law that I’m not certain should be provided to sexual offenders. And do we deal with this disorder as we do other disorders? Similarities?

Psychiatric hopsitals aren’t necessarily effective anyway. Do we propose that we have the psychiatric patients sit around in a circle with the sexual offenders and discuss things that are affecting them? I don’t know how they’re going to necessarily relate. As irrational as a majorly depressed person is, their assumptions about being grouped with sexual offenders would hinder their treatment.

And then, of course, these people generally do not think very highly of themselves. Just an opportunity for sexual offenders to strike. Unlikely inside the hospital, but who knows what will happen outside. Are the best interests of the patients in mind? They literally sign their rights to the hospital, as such the hopsital has an obligation to take efforts to keep them safe. This is a major conflict of interest.

Bha. It’s an idea, but is it a good idea?