coolant in oil sr

so i rebuilt my sr in the winter with new bearings arp head studs and cometic head gasket(probably the problem) now i am tring to get it going again, but every time i turn it over it just pours coolant into my oil. howwever there is no oil in the coolent. i also noticed some coolent on some spark plugs.
i’m not really sure what it could be, i torqued the headstuds as per arp’s instruction manual it is also leaking coolant somewhere on the passenger(usdm) side. i pulled the head off thniking it could be warped but it is as flat as can be.
i am thinking it could be somewhere in the intake manifold, but have to do more checking.
any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated
thanks

Usually when coolant is in the oil, it’s a sign of the head gasket blown or the head gasket hasn’t been installed correctly, eg. torque specs etc… Wish you the best of luck man to get this figured out.

Have you taken the head off to check the cometic gasket? That is the first place I would look, very common when oil and coolant mix.

Are you getting coolant on all the spark plugs or just one?

Have you done a compression check and leakdown test? That will always point you in the right direction.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1789748

ttyl

^ Agreed. Also did you have your head and block decked before? Or atleast do a very good job of cleaning the old gasket off. I have heard the cosmetic gaskets will not work well with any sort of flatness issues in either the head of the deck.

i cleaned the head and block until were clean as can be, and i should have done a compresion test but i pulled the head off already.
The cometic gasket was installed brand new, and has all the same flow holes as the oem gasket does.
i’m thinking it may have been my torque wrench though, i bought it souly for the rebuild but its possible its not accurate, as 80 lbs didnt feel like 80 i am going to borrow one of my friends torque wrenchs and check it
thanks guys

Cometic for sure. If you had got an Apexi I would tell you just to retrq it. Back one head bolt out at a time, apply the arp assmebly lube or some 30w and retrq to 85.

put proper sealant around all the coolant and oil and cyl passages/hols on both sides of the gasket. torque properly. check deck straightness too its not just the head that can warp. and also if you have used sand paper, abrasive paper, scotch/bras/metal cotton ball looking thingys to clean the head and deck… well lets just say that its not good. and you should bring it to a machine shop and ask to see how rough it is. they tell u if its good or no. i hope it helps.

oh, ok. i will have to have it machined then, i used a wire brush on a drill. it looked smooth but i guess not.
thanks,

ITS THE HEADGASKET RIVETS.

Buy a non shit headgasket.

wire brush is not bad(specially thin bronzy looking ones) but sand paper on a buffer is bad. if the gasket is not 100 even (got rivets ) then you would be torquing on the rivets and not on the gasket surfaces. eliminate the obvious issue fist bro.

80 just doesn’t sound like enough. The manual describes a three step process with 93 ft lbs on the high end. I just put in ARP studs in my GTi-R engine (heavier stud/bolt than the other DETs) and the torque spec was 100 ft lbs.

as much as you say itts the rivets it’s not. i put the gasket on while my motor was on a stand, and i was able to see all angles.
when the gasket held agaist the head it defiently appears to have 2 ivets in the way effecting the seal. how ever when held to the block the rivets clear.
and once the head is mounted to the block and flipped upside doen on a stand you can see that all rivets are clear and do not effect the seal.
and i felt like 80 pounds was not enough but thats what the manual that i recieved with the studs specified.
and i will be getting an ApexI gasket as soon as i am sure that is all i need/want to order.
and the brush was steel. i also just checked it again and i may have exagerated on the cleanlyness of it. it is very clean and i dont think i could clean it any better, but a shop could and it does have little scartches in it. but they feel smooth to the touch

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

i really should have done some research befor rebuilding my motor, seeing as how i have never rebuilt one befor… oh well, cant change the past
and for all those people who want to call me a stupid kid or w.e. go right ahead. i have done pretty much everything with my cars by myself without help. i learn everything myself, most of the time its the hard way but at least i learn

Apexi HG plus this: http://images.motorcycle-superstore.com/ProductImages/OG/0000-Permatex-Copper-Spray-A-Gasket—.jpg. if the cometic ends up being the culprit. spray it on the gasket, not the head/block, obviously.