Nice f#$%'n start to the day...

Get in the garage this morning and there is an oil slick half the length of the car… WTF

Turns out my coolant resevoir overflowed and it is a nice healthy mixture of coolant and oil.

I had to leave for work so could not investigate more but now I’m just sitting here at work pissed off.

At this point I suspect my new Apexi Headgasket is not sealing 100% and mixing the two fluids. argh!

Time to do a compression test and hope for the best.

Happy fuKing Friday!

That really suck to hear man!!! I hope it turns out to be okay.

CVM07

I hate that feeling.

Being stuck somewhere else always makes it worse too. :evil: It probably is the head gasket, by the sounds of it.

Here’s hoping for a quick and “happy” resolution.

look on the bright side; you said your car is in your garage… It could have been in your work parking lot friday evening when all you wanted to do was go home…

but yeah that sucks…

Tell me about it.

At least I have some work to do this weekend now.

• Drain and flush the cooling system
  • Drain and refill the oil
  • Compression test the cylinders

Assuming all that goes well I’ll have to drive it a bit and watch for leaks/smoke/over heating and perhaps get the head re-torqued

:wavey:

I go to drive off this morning and car starts to sputter as I get on the
throttle as if MAF was crapping out (hence my thread on borrowing MAF).

Well, only one thing to do this weekend; convert to MAP and hope for best.

sell it…

Maybe we can put ours up together - like a 2-for-1 type thing

yeah, since they’re both barely mobile?

i guess i would settle for $20k right now with some trade on top of it.

We can add my car to the list of cars that should be sold :x

Oh ya, happy did you use copper spray on your headgasket?

Sucks to hear about your car Dan. Sounds like youve got a serious leak on your hands if its dumping out like you said it was. Headgasket is almost a sure thing in these situations. Do a leak down test if you have the tools as that will tell you exactly whats going on.

Where you boosting it hard last night?

Look on the bright side, if you detonated and only blew a head gasket thats much better than a whole motor.

Who put your head gasket in?? Hopefully not someone from Niagra.

low blow??

The ref didn’t see it…

Damn dan, i’m sorry to hear that. :frowning: I hope it’s not as bad as it seems.

What the block and head re-serfaced when the head gasket was installed? Are you running bolts or studs?

The ref didn’t see it…[/quote]

well we all own more than one car and they are not sitting on jack stands either.

if anything it probably needs a re-tourque.

HG’s on my car sealed fine, both by the same tech… yeah a niagara guy…hmm

too late for a copper spray but you’re right robby, you me dan and farmer should all get together and sell our cars.

most multi-layer steel gaskets require no copper spray, infact for example cometic specifically specifies not to use it. they require a 80 RA surface finish… mirror like on both the block and head.

however, that being said… a headgasket that isn’t sealing well – well you’ll notice the problems almost instantly. your car was driving without problems right dan?

did you download any internal logs from the powerfc (not sure if you can) and check if you were detonating?

I have not been able to do much to the car yet. I drained the cooling system and the oil and there was not much contamination of either. There was definately oil in the coolant and vise versa but not as bad as the oil slick on the ground would lead you to believe.

There was no detonation. I’ve been babying the car for the most part this week breaking in a new clutch so that adds to all of this confusion.

I’m going to do a compression check right now and look around some more. I also need to rule out that it is not the turbo seals that took a hike one me.

Oh well - time will tell.

fukkin .86’s, shoulda gone with a .64…lol