Low Compression SR20DET

Running a SR20DET S14 blacktop, ran a compression test 1)125, 2)130, 3) 122, 4) 126. When i checked my coolant res. it was empty, but it is not mixing with the oil yet. I have a blown turbo seal, and im pretty sure that the compression is a top end problem ie head gasket bc the pistons al seem to have the same compression. Think i should check anything else>?

Your coolant may not have oil in it, but I bet your oil has coolant in it… Sounds like a blown headgasket for sure, or your compression tester is bunk.

Also, your coolant resivoire doesn’t say much. Pop your rad cap off.

yea we popped the rad cap off and no oil in there and we popped the oil cap off and there was no sign of mixin in there yet either, we used 2 different compression testers and they both came out around the same, maybe i caught it at an early stage

Was this with a warm motor?
What this done with the throttle at 100%
Did you then do a wet compression test and pour a cap full of oil into each hole?

motor was warm, tno throttle and no wet compression

^^ Yeah I don’t think you did the compression test right, or your tester is faulty.

we used 2 different compression testers and they both gave the same reading, at first we thought the first one was crap but we used a snap on one and it came up with the same results

if i have to change the head gasket, it gives me a pretty good excuse to build the top end of the motor, what cams woul dbe best to bring in more low end torque

I think you’ll see some higher more accurate compression numbers with the throttle completely open.

alright ill give it a shot, see what comes through, thanks alot