little help....

so! rob put on s15 BB turbo and manifold, now car is smoking like a what! it seems like its coolant and oil! and the coolant lines arnt hooked up to the s15 turbo! anyways i did a compression test and it rang through at 130 all across!!
and also if u guys have any ideas as what else i should test please shoot!

also it only does it after its been warmed up! after i have been giving er for a bit!

thanks!

There is no coolant lines hooked up to the turbo? And now it is smokin? Hmmm. Does it do it always, or under load?

I don’t imagine head gasket.

You didn’t touch anything else? Just turbo/manifold? o2 extension possibly get damaged when you pulled it apart? (but that would be fuel problem, not oil/coolant). hmmmm.

Any more details to the story?

Other tests can be a hydrocarbon test on the coolant. This will let you know if it is headgasket. Maybe a wet compression test.

But if its oil, I can only imagin that the turbo is leaking and puttin oil into the system some how. How are the blow by hoses to the intake? Any oil in intake or intercooler piping?

If all you did was turbo, check it for leaks. Oil could be leaking.

ok i will try and make this more clear…

i start up the car, it runs fine…runs rich but thats not a big deal…
after ripping for a little it starts to smoke! its a white smoke,it does it most on idle!
but its not a really sweet smell it smells like both oil and coolant!

is it possible that the head studs need to be retourqued? i am going to try one more thing to see if its the turbo, i got my gt28rs for my sr20 and i will stick that on and see if its the turbo but i dont think it is!

the compression was 130 all the way across!

but yeah i am going to go through everything, piston rings, valve seals, Head gasket, i will figure it out but if anyone has any ideas please holla at me :slight_smile:

Ya, good plan. Just sounded like turbo cause it only started happening after its installation.

Good luck man.

no it didnt actually, it was slitly doing it before install of turbo and manifold! but only on idle and it smelt different! its FUCKED!!! i need my damn motor to be good for the drift battle on the 28th!

well leakdown test found my problem! HEADGASKET is done! leaking out of all adjacent cylinder! now its test time…BORA if u read this ur motor better be good :wink:

I had the same problem on the cruise after dtp. I just thought I was burning oil but than realized my head gasket was going a week ago. Good timing since drift battle is happening in less than 2 weeks. Pain in the ass. hopefully you will get your car fixed cause I don’t want to see 2 of us sitting this out due to the same problem.

Awww that sucks guys. Hope it all works out.

yes i hear ya! i got my HKS headgasket on order (2 weeks) but i got boras motor to stick in, no cams or cam gears or injectors or all that other jazz but it should be good enough!

Oil and coolant is getting into your combustion chamber. So the oil is sealing any leaks so it’s not going to show though. It’s like doing a wet compression test, except you didn’t add the oil. Do a leakdown test. I can bet your results will be alot different.

Everyones engines have had problems right recently.

iots allready been resolved! but thanks for the input!

Isn’t 130 kind of low?? I mean its good that all cylinders are around the same. Did you get the new gasket yet robert?

minimum is supposed to be 145psi so yes it was to low