white smoke.. lots

soo I’ve finally gotten my car together yesterday after 2 months of downtime

sooo

everything is attached, fired up, I might have put alittle bit too much oil

white smoke everywhere and oil is comming out of the turbo downpipe… soo bascically if my exhaust was attached, oil would be leaking inside of it.

and I mean a long long time… its not those cold start up white smoke
it smells like something is burning on the stove

I messed up my head gasket?
soo
I did another oil change, comes clean w/ no water/coolant in the oil
soo if I blew a head gasket, woudln’t there be coolant in the oil?
I put it less oil now… at the middle mark.

but white smoke still comes out

I think I have an oil leak at the return oil line from the turbo, but still
the white smoke is coming out of the exhaust, not anything burning on the engine/turbo

any any any any idea?S?S?S`1

ty

ed

ps. this is a 88 200sx w/ a ca18et w/ SR t25 turbo w/ volvo intercooler/rad I dind’t have any problem like this before the downtime

I really need the help. I spent soo much time on this car and now finally when I get things done, she throws this at me

Open your rad cap check for oily residue underneath.

Drain your coolant see if there’s any oil in it whatsoever.

the volvo rad (fixed, ty ) dones’t have any rad cap, however, there is some oil residue in the rad resevoir, but that could be b/c I didnt’ clean properly… there isn’t any significan, like alot of oil residue… but I can see some

Rad cap would be on your rad, not on the intercooler.

whops,. I mean the rad dones’ have a cap

is your turbo oil and water cooled?

both, SRt25s are both water and oil cooled

here is a diagram of the volvo rad setup… this is a closed system
I think

http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/~03funged/carhelp.gif

your turbo is bunk… it’s spitting oil. i just replaced mine for the same reason, and no more white clouds.

the bolts on the compressor housing were seized so i couldn’t actually get the turbo open to look at the oil seals, and i’m guessing by the amount of shaft play the bearing was boinked too.

White smoke = coolant. Could still be the head gasket but it’s not enough to see it in the oil as yet as it’s just getting burned. It make take a few min’s for the coolant to show up in your oil so doing a change and checking the new stuff without running the car may not be accurate.

Take your spark plugs out and see if they have oil, coolant or both on them. They should be dry.

Could also be the seals in your turbo and that’s where your burning the coolant and leaking the oil. Check the intake side of the turbo for oil or coolant both in the piping and at the impeller.

Let me know what happens and if you still need help, I’ll for sure try to.

Good luck brother.

dude! that’s boink! the turbo I just bought the cpressore housing is seized too… but damn… my car never had this problme before, not until I put the “new” turbo in

dang it… and I just bought this from a fellow member here… :frowning:

how long did you let it run?? this happened to a friend after switching turbos, but it went away after like 10 minutes.

I let it run for like 20 mins btw the short oil change

dude! that’s boink! the turbo I just bought the cpressore housing is seized too… but damn… my car never had this problme before, not until I put the “new” turbo in

dang it… and I just bought this from a fellow member here… :([/quote]

sucks, dude… but yeah, you def need a new turbo. good luck with it.

well the first time I started the car, it ran for loike 15 mins, when I did the oil change, I got clean oil
after oil change , still smokies, will check the sparks and intake side tmr

I would like to thank everyone for the quick reply!

sooo I took out spark plugs…

they are black… but no oil or guck on them or collant…

they are probaly black from the messed up 02 sensor b/c of the white smoke, causing the car to run rich…

sooo no head gasket leak

I’ll be taking out the turbo tomorrow to examine it

mean time

I need another turbo!!!