Need*help,*White*smoke.

hey*son,

justneedalittleassistance.

I’mwaslookingtogetthissrswapped240afewmonthsago.Theissueisthatoncewarmedup,itwouldthrowoutwhitesmokeoutthetailpipeatidle.Especiallyafterpushingthecaralittle.Theownerclaimedittobeaminorturboleak.however,Imissedoutandanotherpersonboughtit.

Nowitsbackupforsale,bythenewowner.Ispoketothemandtheyclaimeditstillhasthesameminorturboleak.Theyjustnevergotaroundtofixingit…Iknowwhitesmokeiscoolantburning,wouldn’tasimpleturboswapdothetrick?Coulditbeabiggerproblem??

Justseemsalittlefishy.*

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

^^ahh.sorrykeyboardisactingupagain…

i say head gasket

the white smoke after warming up and driving hard reminds me of a buddie’s blown t25

could be turbo could be something else, check the turbo for play. before buying make sure u confirm its just a turbo.

thanks.Iwasafraiditcouldbetheheadgasketaswell.butitapparentlyhasacometichginstalledbysg…cantcheckforplay,itsstillallboltedtogetherinthere.

iseveryoneseeingtheasterisksbetweeneveryword?orjustme.

lol they’re between every word. is that happening when you press space? press ctrl+shift to toggle through different keyboard layouts/functions

u just need to take the intake off, and check play on the compressor side. shouldnt be any in and out play even slightest play causes a porblem so zero play in and out up and down a little is ok . also just check and see if there is any coolant inside the turbo.

White smoke is almost always a blown headgasket. Does the exhaust smell like coolant? Check your oil to see if its a murky brown color. and check your coolant for level and the presence of oil. If it is headgasket, and you dont want to replace it, you can use something called blue devil. Some people will frown on this, but I’ve used it before and it solved all my problems (assuming only the coolant is leaking, it will not help oil leaking from headgasket failure). Its about $60 a bottle, make sure you follow the directions TO THE LETTER or else you will have a very bad day.