occasional white smoke: turbo or gasket?

soo I get, once and a while…, lots of white smoke at idle…
smells like something is burning

then if I drive it for a bit… the white smoke would go away
but even when there’s no white smoke…

the car exhaust always smells like something is burning… no color… but it smells like burning

turboed car…

can it be the turbo quiting? or can it be my head gasket slowly burning away?

does the temp guage climb at idle or when u stop at a light?

negative… stays the same pretty much… I don’t have over heating problems

i too had this issue then it stopped

if i drove then idle for a while i got white smoke then as i drove away it would burn oil for 5-10secs then stop… i have been told that it is the rear oil seal on the turbo BUT… it started happening less and less… now no more…

anyoen know what this is for sure or what could have caused mine to stop?

Right after assembling my ka-t and testing… I got white smoke for about good 5 seconds… then didn’t happen again… I checked the coolant level that day and few days later and it was fine…

Temperature in engine ranges from 83 (cool) to 97 (happy boosting) - fixing O2 sensor brought my top temperature down to 93 since it was not burning rich all the time. This is for a ka24de running 6.5 psi (215,000km). Running both dual altima fans drops my temperature by about 5 degrees easy.

As far as burning oil - I’ve also had it shoot out the intake and the bov before… but it was due to a kink in the return line on my previous t25.
Not sure re: oil leaks stopping - maybe the oil cools, hardens and seals the leaks over time? any ideas?

Right now, I don’t see any leaks on turbo or below but I still see oil level dropping every few days to slightly low position and staying there so I top it up every now and then until I finalize the setup + remove and paint all the pieces… 1000 km on the setup so far…

sorry re: mouthful - hope some of it helps…

valve seals?

white smoke usually indicates burn coolant from where i dunno unless seen