White smoke at boost high rpm only

I want to confirm what I’m thinking.

I just changed to a t28 turbo a little awhile ago and I notice that in high boost I get white smoke. Only at max boost and above 5500rpm.

Now I have not got the car turned yet. I do have a safc and a wideband so I can see that when the white smoke starts my wideband is reading really rich 11-10. I did add fuel with the safc after installing the turbo.

I know white smoke almost always leads to coolant but there is no issue with my cooling. Even on long drives I dont see any unusuall change in coolant temp or oil. Also there is no oil in my coolant.

I’m thinking the white smoke is just unburned fuel during boost but white smoke makes me nervous so I wanted to see if anyone with experience can confirm this. I do plan to get it tuned soon but I’m also worried it could be turbo seals.

Do bad turbo seals give you white smoke all the time or only in boost??

Thanks in advance

I’m heavily leaning towards turbo seals. This is a new turbo to me but used so I’m thinking it must have had bad seals. There wasn’t much shaft play. Can anyone confirm this? My coolant does look merky and the level has dropped a bit so its 100% coolant.

Again temps are stable and oil pressure is good. Car has no problems starting or driving. I only see the smoke for a tiny bit at start up and under boost.

take off the turbo elbow and check for oil inside the elbow, should let u know if its the turbo seals. mine was also letting off white smoke, it looks like that was just a leaky injector though. you should also drain your oil and check out how that looks too. I think if it smells like fuel thats just cause ur dumping too much fuel, otherwise if it murky its probably a blown headgasket (but probably not since u say ur temps are good)

^white smoke is coolant black smoke is rich hence leaky injector. Sounds to me like a seal.

Heres a story for you. So i bought my car with a sr already in it. The sr ran but owner told me it had problems, whatever i bought it. Owner had noticeable upgrades done to the car, but he sold it to me stating it needed clutch line and a new oil line for the turbo. He was not the one who put the engine in it was some guy from thunderbay. Well anyway i fixed the line and drove it around only to find the car bogging like hell and couldnt get above like 60km/h… so i checked play and it was like fineee like hardly any play. Some friends seen me drive it and were like man your car was spewing white smoke! i was like oh… Now after swapping the motor im realising that my gt28r has a blown seal lol. pretty crap day the day i found out its blown:(

Pressurize your rad and see if you have any leaks at all.

When I’ve seen turbo seals go, it’s a THICK white smoke that lingers for a while.

^^ looks like you seafoamed it. Shits like fog

i changed the injectors on mine now its ok. i had fuel spewing out from the exhaust manifold gasket. i had some thick white clouds of smoke too, and the engine sounded like it was just pumping out air.

^ did it bogg like hell?

yea