Nice f#$%'n start to the day...

just be like the cool people and run a t25.

GT

Well - based on these compression numbers, I have concluded it is not turbo related. Hahaha.

Cylinder # 1 = 155
Cylinder # 2 = 60
Cylinder # 3 = 155
Cylinder # 4 = 157

Oh dude…sorry to hear…

Good luck with wherever you’re going with this.

with the way dan pick his upgrades…

the new parts to fix this will be rediculous im sure.

GT

werid numbers, usuially with a headgasket going 2 cyl beside eachother are relatively low

sounds more like ring damage due to detonation. but if you’ve been babying it, i wonder understand why you’d get detonation…

this sucks :frowning:

Yeah - I suspect the ring is toast.

Time to build a block.

man this is a bad year for sr’s

bing, andrew, derek, you.

man oh man, sorry to ehar aboutt he shitty luck dan.

Dan I think Binger will have some problems when your motor is done, knowing your choice in parts. :lol:

Andrew.

LS1

LS1[/quote]

Bah - if I was to do any type of hybrid it would be a 2jz…but I will not be doing either.

Ouch, shitty buzz Dan.

For reference (just so I dont push my boost too high)
What max boost were you pushing on pump gas?

I dont really get why you are convinced its a ring? If the head gasket popped than wouldnt you also get low compression on the cylinder?

Yeah - well there are a few things in play here.

The headgasket could still be a very likely candidate. It can explain the low compression as well as the oil/coolant contamination.

The thing that is interesting is that the compression in neighbouring cylinders is perfect. It is somewhat uncommon for a HG to leak and to only affect one cylinder. This is very indicitive of a busted ring. However, with the busted ring you would not see oil/coolant contamination.

In any case, nothing will be done until Wedensday evening. Chris is going to come over and we are going to retorque the head to 85ft/lbs and see if we can get some compression back into #2.

If it raises, I will be quite “Happy”

ps - On high boost I have my AVCR set to 1.45 - which equates to roughly 20.6psi.

Chris came over last night and retorqued the head bolts to 85ft/lbs.

I now have this for compressions:

Cylinder 1 = 155 psi
Cylinder 2 = 155 psi
Cylinder 3 = 155 psi
Cylinder 4 = 155 psi

Metal headgaskets for the win!!

lucky bastard!

hahahaha

i wish i got that lucky when i had to build my motor.

so many built SR problems this year fuck i hate building engines. and we’re all so new to SRs

im going to build a bunch over the winter and learn as much as i can

Shweet!

Don’t hate the playa - hate the game! bahah - lame

Don’t worry Sasha. I’m sure my time will come. All I’ve really done is just delayed the inevitable.

The thing that has me wondering now is how long has my HG been leaking. I have a feeling I was on the dyno with a big boost leak (found last week doing a boost leak test) and low compression in #2.

I’ll have to head to TAG soon to check.

maybe the boost leak is why the turbo was spooling slow?

Yup - very very likely

i wish retorquing the head would fix all the shit i got going on.

i hate you dan