Coon Huntin

Shotgun doesnt seem to be doin the trick this time. What you guys think .223 hollow or .308 from a WWII gun.

These damn things are hard to kill and are kinda getting expensive now since they empty my moms bird feeders like every night.

:edit racist comment:

j/p -.22 kills groundhogs and coons easily

eh nvm 40 yards to birdfeeders killed a coon last night. found it today. missing some of its teeth and holes all over its head. 1 shot one kill last night… woo hoo!

racoon > bird shit everywhere from having a bird feeder

i live in the country

country > concrete jungle

first of i’m from south jersey, so i grew up in a big time contry area…i know all about country: gardening, huntin, fishin, etc…second I don’t live in the city since i moved about 2 months ago…live in the east suburbs now.

I’m just not big on bird feeders…don’t really like birds too much, & espically don’t like bird shit all over the house, cars, deck, etc…

but we got a dog, so she keep all the wild shit(birds, wild turkey, squirrels etc…) out of the yard

bird feeders are like 40 yards from my house so we dont get all the b irdshit and what not

you got a dog?? if not borrow a friends…if the dog is aggressive enough that will get rid of the racoon…just be careful…cause i’ve seen some dogs get fucked up buy racoons & opossum.
needa a bigger aggressive alpha type dog like rotty, mastif, pittbull, boxer… or a hunting type dog…lab, chesapeake retriever, etc…
our lab mix dog is crazy very alpha…when we go to NJ to visit my family she loves it it…my mom has a 5 acre lot…with only about 1 acre cleared, so there are a lot of wildlife in the woods…she hunts everything…even chases after the deer at night. :nuts:

i have a female collie that does the same thing its treed about 3 coons

x2

beagles are good hunters or coon dog :doh:

If you want to keep the hides to sell just use a 22lr or 22 mag. If you just want them dead and out of the yard I would stick with the shotgun and switch to a #1 or #0 buckshot, that should teach them a lesson.

20 gauge 6 shot at 40 yards worked good for me

might try the .223 tonight

and i burn the damn things after i kill em

I just shot another one… was bigger than the one i killed last night. god damn

why dont you poison the bird feeder

can i come visit cause for some reason drinkin and shooting coons sounds like a really fun friday or at least greater than chillin at the inlaws like me :beer: :squint:

cause my mom likes the birds and besides we have about 10 bird feeders out in our back yard

pittspeed coon shootin meet

im down.