Coreys s2000 build

did you remove the entire hvac coil/fan box under the dash? That is the ONLY part in the entire car i’ve never been able to remove in 1 piece. Seriously, every single nut and bolt out of the car, the things stripped to a bare tub, and that piece will not come out as one. every time i’ve just get fed up and end up kicking it into a million pieces and using a prybar to get it out. If you know the trick to removing it, i would like to know for future reference.

How are any of these things related??? Reasoning is simple… Where do heater core lines run? In the engine bay… Where do A/C lines and A/C components go? In the engine bay… When the ABS is relocated, your not adding anything to the engine bay, I like ABS it makes me feel good… And doesn’t add clutter to my bay, is that a good enough reason for you?

Yea all my stuff s in one piece still, airbags gotta go, A/C section comes out first, then heater core… I’ve never had any issue removing beyond a little wiggle here and there, you did remove th bolt on the firewall correct?

And Steve I will be running an electric heater for defrost

i’m telling you, bare stripped tub, every nut and bolt out and never could i get that out. the piece that it connects to that goes behind the radio always gets hung up on it and that won’t come out. i’m talking about the huge black box, not just the heater core or ac section. the 2’ x 2’ x 2’ box

Yea I’ve removed all of it

Don’t get your junk all rustled up bro.

It’s like going spring skiing. It’s SO NICE OUT…you pack up your car light because its so nice you don’t need as much gear.

And you leave your driveway with a loaded car…you brought your heavy coat, gloves, vest, ski pants, hat, boots and skis…and decided to leave the ski poles and sunglasses at home.

Just didn’t make sense to me. I understand taking EVERYTHING out. That makes sense. But of all three of those, you chose to keep ABS?

I was just looking for clarification, and I got it…I think.

next time you will come over and show me how

you are going to regret not having heat. mine didn’t work in the mr2 for a while and it fucking sucked, all day long you wont care then night rolls around and all of a sudden shits fogged to hell and your freezing.

also never go down south in the summer, learned that when i showed up to my sisters in the miata and it was 113 out without ac.

Ooof. You have your reasons for doing it but you have more balls than me haha. Like Elliot said, heat comes in handy with a fogged windshield, even in the summer. Relocating the controls to the center glove box behind the door by your shoulders would’ve been cool, keep it stealth.

Did you shave the windsheild wipers?

What’s he need those for it’s not like there’s any weather in Upstate NY ever.

:rofl

Had no AC in TN either… :skid Was a real bummer sometimes. Especially in traffic.

oh god more good stories, the mr2 was driven from latham to south glens falls in a sleet/snow storm with no windshield wipers and no heat…its surprising that it didn’t need more body work by the time in got there :rofl

got to my sisters house after driving 15 hours straight there and being up since 9 the previous morning, i think it was about two in the afternoon and 113 degrees without the heat index and my top had been down since i hit the tn welcome center (raining when i left didn’t put it back down till the sun came up). i have never wanted ac so much in my life. we took my sisters civic to michigan, cause thats where we drove the next day lol.

dude…ac and heat are ugly. nobody needs that shit.

Needs a hood.

hood is ugly and you can’t see the engine bay through it

Still needs a hood.

fuck hoods, thats one part i can get with. i want to drive the rx7 without a hood most of the time when its done in 30 years lol.

I remember in 04 we always used to cruise with the windshield wipers off. shit was clean

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/eghatchattack/IMG_0279.jpg

nothing better then cruising with no windshield wiper, getting caught in a downpour and trying to pull to the shoulder of the highway that you cant see, grabbing the wiper from the trunk to put it on, being soaking wet and then it stops raining a 1/4 mile later…and i was in nyc driving the rest of the way home soaked!

this is no longer a build thread lol