Couple questions from a modding n00b...

…me.

1. I’m looking to get my cams and a header done this spring. Do you know of any shops that might do this?
    -Does mufflerman do headers? I might check that out.

2. Where’s a decent junkyard to look for decent parts? I never had to do that kind of thing, and there’s a few things I could use to replace/upgrade…

Thanks in advance for any help. :tup:

what type of car do you have?

what he said ^

I think he drives an alero (judging by his cardomain thing).

what motor do you have?

I’ll ask adam.

wow. one instance, where adam would have actually been useful in the automotive section.

:confused:

Yes. I drive an Alero. It has the 2.4L 4 cyl. (hence, only one header)

Well if its teh Alero on ur cardomain Hybrid can prolly do a header…so u have cams picked out ???..they can prolly do those…or a weekend project for yourself

from what i remember thats the best motor to mod, parts availability wise(cavalier’s have the same engines)

it could also have been the 2.2L ecotec motor…they also only had one header.

:slight_smile:

you can do it yourself… neither of those items are very difficult to do… or try hybrid connection?

well, I still have a warranty. Just wanna cover my ass.

what do you mean? having someplace install aftermarket parts wont help you with keeping your warranty…

you won’t have one after doing what you are doing.

believe me, aleros tread on thin-ice when it comes to warranties. both my kids had them.

if i were you, i would drive it…do cosmetic stuff…until warranty is over. You are going to need it.

Adam dumped too much into that car. And the resale is horrible.

for the alero, yeah, it’s the easiest to mod…but the 2.2 is starting to look good too. Cobalt has it and starting to pick up some aftermarket exposure.

edit: nevermind about what I said about warranties…I’m just strung out for the day and temp. forgot how that worked. lol It is my only car though. I don’t wanna totally fuck it up and have no car…

Reason for the junkyard question: I’m gonna try to find the cams.
http://www.ny-jbodies.org/library/engine/2.4/2.4camsecret/2.4camsecret.asp

if i remember correctly about modding cars and warranties, a dealership cannont void your warranty because your car is modified, they HAVE to PROVE that the modified part caused the (insert broken parts name here) to break

i believe it is called the magnusson moss (sp?) warranty act??
if i get some time i will look it up later

but there are protections out there for consumers so stealerships dont rip people off in voiding warranties

Having a header MADE by someone, you’re going to pay out of your ass. Not worth it to me if I were you. Especially considering the marginal gains you’ll see.

That’s what I was thinking before…but like I said before, being tired like this sort of fried my mind a bit. (I’ve been doing the 4a-12:30p shifts)

And no, I’m not getting it MADE. I’m probably going to get a kit, but I don’t know my way around the engine that well. Perhaps somebody that is experienced with the engine might be able to help me rather than going to a shop.

I believe you are correct

you can try M&M’s u-pull-it, there’s quite a few quad-4 powered cars there. (LD9)

^ I already have the LD9. I’m looking for a LD2 and a 1995 Quad Cam for these parts. And somebody beat you to the M&M’s punch 2 minutes before you. (in PMs) lol Thanks though!