Cover your ears! Brood XIII will emerge from the earth soon!

Creepy. After being dormant for 17 years, they will all crawl to the surface of the Earth within 2 days of each other.

http://www.hiltonpond.org/images/CicadaProfile01.jpg

WTF?

Cicadas are pretty cool tho, they fuck up other bugs, but they are pretty goofy and always fly into me.

Looks like something from starship troopers.

they really should just cut back production severely, then when there isnt enough food most of them die, and less will be around next 17 years

Cut back production? They’re bugs?

they come every 17 years, so if there is less crops, there is less food… they starve and die, and do not reproduce as many for the next 17 years when they emerge

“Their main goal is mating”

I wish I was one

[quote=“boxxa,post:7,topic:29616"”]

“Their main goal is mating”

I wish I was one

[/quote]

If that’s the criteria, then I guess I am one.

eff that.

i don’t want to mate.

i want to mate all over her face!

The red-eyed, shrimp-sized, flying insects don’t bite or sting. But they are known for mating calls that produce a din that can overpower ringing telephones, lawn mowers and power tools.

that’s badass.

Is mating once after lying dormant every 17 years about the average around here?

[quote=“Avatar,post:11,topic:29616"”]

Is mating once after lying dormant every 17 years about the average around here?

[/quote]

YES.

haha, well… if you consider being birthed mating…

and what’s the average user age… it has to be more than 17.

[quote=“Avatar,post:11,topic:29616"”]

[/quote]

Don’t forget making loud insect noises in an attempt to attract mates. (Thinking you can pick up girls with cars with fart cans…)