COVID-19 Pandemic Thread [NY Now Closes All Biz]

Nancy’s plan…

i went to reuters to get the MSM version of this and cannot even find it on the main page.

There are articles out there about how some Democrats want to up the $10k of student loan forgiveness to $30k.

I posted the GOP plan, here’s the Democrat plan. In case anyone wants to read the differences for themselves. https://www.scribd.com/document/452911706/Full-text-Nancy-Pelosi-Coronavirus-Stimulus-Bill

:fire: :fire: :fire:

how bad are the lay-offs in WNY?

the more i engage with peoples the more and more i hear about major lay offs and major cash crunches with some seriously larger-midle size operations.

the entire economy is going to reshape around this.

I only know one person who is laid off, but many working from home including myself.

Still working full time like nothing happened.

Wife and I are still working full time, me from home and her in her lab at work as an essential service. She’s one of the few because they’re doing 75% WFH. Neighbors down the street both took pay cuts and reduced hours, 10% and 20%. Brother in law is an assistant manager in retail, store is closed. Being paid for now but not sure how long.

i work from home too so mostly just switched to more video and phone calls and less lunches and in-person meetings.

a lot of the business owners i’m working with are a range of experiences. some simply have to cut staff and conserve cash at all costs and the changes are sudden and dramatic. i suspect rather heart breaking in fact.

some are treating it like just a quick shut down for a couple weeks and operating with a skeleton staff.

a lot of multi-hundred lay-off non-announcements. a lot of salary cuts across the board.

no one is paying bills and credit it tightening right up.

1 Like

^^ Not surprising. I’d be willing to bet that Cheesecake Factories around the country are the primary rental income for a large chunk of their landlords. I’m not sure what recourse they’ll have to collect since if that restaurant dies, so does the landlord.

Most of us are working from home as much as possible. We are exempt (medical and semiconductor) but trying to limit exposure etc. Im coming in half to one day a week to do whatever testing I cant do from home. Others are coming in to be sure we meet customer ship demands and keep new projects on schedule.

Wife works for one of the local towns. They are working from home where possible, everyone else is just sitting home getting paid (highway guys for example).

Dan