COVID-19 Pandemic Thread [NY Now Closes All Biz]

OMG a new thread?

anyways, lets keep the chat in here on COVID stuff.

the police have been going around shutting down every restuarant / bar that isnt a take out joint. Must have started today because the coffee joint i go into was open yesterday but closed today with a notice from the city, which means it wasnt voluntary.

i am also noticing that people are already becoming pretty irritable and anxious, including myself, which is concerning because we may very well only be in the second inning of all of this.

the US/CAN border just closed down which also means i cant go to Picassos. Crestfallen i believe is the most apt phrasing.

Pizza? I’ll drone you slices.

3 Likes

No Joe Fetas in St Cats for me

I’ve been too busy on the phone / internet to go anywhere the last few days. Today was my first day out.

Wegmans was cool, some stuff was gone but mostly everything I needed was there.

Had to get coffee at Starbucks since most of the small places have closed down.

The restaurant & hospitality business locally is a shit show right now.

There are going to be a million stories written about this time IMO.

Ammo and guns are pretty much sold out in WNY. I bought the last few boxes of 9mm and 380 at Blue Tuna (only place that had inventory). It’s going to get rough in the coming weeks, I have a feeling. We’ve never put this kind of stress on a generation of entitled pansies before, so it’ll be interesting to see how people react when they are forced to do things that they don’t want to do.

do you guys burn through all the ammo you buy every time something 40% funny happens or do you just keep accumulating ammo on top of other ammo?

I have two inventories of ammo.

The target shooting stash that is constantly being used and replenished.

The TEOTWAWKI stash that stays locked up and is only for The End Of The World As We Know It. That stash was slowly built up when I’d see a good sale.

you mean the burlington coat factory?

the hootenany

the boooooooog!!!

Called around to about 6 or 7 places on Monday seeing if anyone had any shotguns, new or used. Everyone but one was out which I’m sure the last place sold their last gun. I’ll just wait for this crap to pass.

The bill is out. Reading through it now:
https://www.finance.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Coronavirus%20Tax%20Relief%20Legislative%20Text.pdf

individuals making up to $75,000 annually would be eligible for a $1,200 check from the federal government.

Married couples who file their taxes jointly must make less than $150,000 to qualify for their payment, which would be $2,400.

From there, according to McConnell’s proposal, the payments decrease.

For individuals, the sum of the payment falls by $5 for each $100 earned over $75,000.

The payment phases out entirely for individuals making more than $99,000 annually, meaning people who make more than that will not receive any money from the federal government, according to the proposal.

For married couples earning more than $150,000, the payment also declines gradually and phases out completely for couples making more than $198,000, according to the plan.

Individuals and couples with children are eligible for an additional $500 per each child they have.

no money for me lol

The small biz loans that convert to grants when the money is used for payroll, etc. is really interesting.

Cuomo just closed all businesses unless you’re essential personnel.

I’m essential :roll_eyes:

Same here. But luckily still working

i’m saying less than 30 days from now the boog begins in earnest…

that is assuming a similar or greater path of escalation.

What does this mean?

que?

it means the process of establishing America 2.0… lol

basically what i’m saying is that people are going to start completely wigging out within 30 days. i mean rioting, looting, etc.

the anecdote is that much of US/CDN families cannot even put $400 cash together at any one time… that’s about 1 week of work, maybe less.

give this 4+ weeks and if it isn’t fully under control then some people are going to start to go off… and it really only takes maybe a third of 1% of the population to go off to start the dominoes.