swine flu

Hey everyone

Just wanted to check in from Mexico, the epicentre of the swine flu. Apparently this flu is now airbourne and is rated one level under a full out pandemic. On the TV it shows Mexico city is almost deserted. Hopefully they didn’t all come to the myan riviera where I am. I’m hoping they will not shut down travel to and from here. As much as I’m enjoying the weather I’d much rather be not afraid of getting swine and be back home at the track LOL. Has anyone heard anything about this on Canadian news?

I’m all the way in Greece and that’s all they have been showing on the news so I’m sure they know about it in Canada!

Here in Europe there was already like 5 cases from people that came from Mexico, one in Spain, one in Sweden, two in Germany and one in Italy.

Scary shit…

By the way I went to get some work done on my 240 by Sasha at SG a few weeks ago when I was back in Canada for 2 weeks and I saw your S14 there… very nice bro!

It’s all over, i’m watching it on the news right now

yo briggs man stay away from sg when you get back loooool!!! ’

i texted you yesterday also.

i heard 4 minor cases in t dot

this shits gunna hit hard
im keeping my distance from group activities where im around people i dont know

Influenza kills 4,000 canadians ALONE (I think it’s in the 30,000’s worldwide average, wikipedia is saying 100,000s but… Im pretty sure that’s for a severe outbreak) each year. Swine flu has killed 150 people in Mexico. The only reason people are flipping out is because it POSSIBLY can cause a pandemic, and it shares the same subtype as the spanish flu, which killed 100 million people (estimated). Until is starts killing people left, right, center and starts transmitting through the interwebs and bad son lowballs, just wash your hands (do I REALLY need to tell people that?) and you’ll be fine. Typical flu kills .01 percent of the global percentage.

OMGAWD.

i stand by my thoughs
keeping my gaurd up

Suck it up you panzies…

I’m heading to Mexico in 3 weeks…woohoo.

where you heading dan

As serious as it may be, I am not doing anything different just to keep “safe”. I live my life the way I live my life.

If it ends up turning into a widespread world wide freak the fuck out. Then, okay. I’ll be more aware.

Would not stop me from traveling though. Fuck that.

my Gf was supposed to go there on friday this week and her place of work asked her not to go, even allowed her to take another paid week off !

Now that’s pretty sweet.

I’m heading to a small place called Ajijic, with is on Lake Chapala. None of you have likely ever heard of it but if you want a cheap spot to visit with wicked weather and killer margaritias that is off the beaten path…it’s a must visit.

Just think of it as a discount on travel to Mexico. Same thing as how when SARS broke out, it was all of a sudden really easy to pick up the hottest asian girls :smiley:

Ok well I found out some news… Canadia airlines (air canada and westjet( are stopping all flights to and from Mexico after May 4th. Turns out I am in luck becuase I am scheduled to fly back on May 3. People who departed after the April 28 will not be receiving refunds due to the fast they were supposibly warned. All of the staff where I am staying are now wearing the surgical masks which is kind of freaky but \i suppose it is better then them not wearing one… Air Canada will not be flying to anywhere in Mexico for 30 days starting May 5… So Danno, I think you may have to replan your vacation. I presume westjet is the same…

WHO raised it to level 5, imminent pandemic, and has asked nations all around the globe to begin preparations to emergency procedures

scary stuff

They said that there will be a black president when pigs fly. Well, 100 days into his presidency, swine flu :smiley:

possibly worst joke ever

ban !!!

farmer

this is just a big joke lol