Cowl hood scoops

Are they better than regular hood scoops( I have no idea what to call a forward pointed hood scoope) Any ways what is better for keeping your engine cool?

The taller the cowl does that have any affect on performance either?

:io:

The point of them is to suck cold air instead of air from under the hood,not to keep the engine cool.Most people have one for show,not truly effective unless you have the foam tray that sits on the carb and is flush with the hood.Buy the whole cowl hood,everyone seems to butcher the hood when they attempt to install one.

Did you end up buying that 79 camaro?

jw but do you have any common sense when you post? i would just not drive with a hood on

Not yet I am going to see it this weekend it is deff. a project but it looks promising. The only thing that is iffy with the car that Im looking at is that it has t tops. Do these weaken the car at all?

Weaken the car?..um, in what way? And how could/would they?

And do you have cash in hand yet for the 944?

edit:

And i did read something where there was a connection found between cowl hoods and being prone to getting more flat tires, and blowing fuses…might wanna look into that, i wouldn’t want to risk that constant annoyance of replacing tires and fuses so i can have a colder engine…

No I dont the guy is sending a check for it he lives in florida I guess he wants to have it shipped to him he is not even gunna look at it. I thought it was weird but whatever I guess

LOL please tell me you’re shipping the car before getting the check…or you’re both agreeing on Boy Scout’s Honor to ship at the same time of the same day…Rock, Paper, Scissors…SHIP!

OMG :lol: :lol: are you sure he is not in Mozambique? Or a soldier fighting in the ongoing French Mexican war?

Still waiting for a944zoom to make a good thread that I don’t have to move to OT.

Im actually rethinking selling the car if this doesnt work out though. I may just drive it until the porsche engine craps out and Im thinking about dropping an ls1 in there I just talked to the guy at Black Forest and you should see what he does this guy is amazing. I walked into the shop and there was a lambo on the lift.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let me guess: He’s going to write the check for more than you are asking so that you can pay for shipping with money from the check?

Being young is one thing. Don’t be stupid too.

No wai nobody in Buffalo can afford a lambo. I’ve heard of black forest. The guy you talks to drinks way too much really good beer. :roflpicard:

Right now I dont have the money to though because of surgery and not being able to work in 3 months. It sucks

Thats what I thought It looked like an older one but it was still really nice. This collector recommended him to me, he seems pretty good he gets alot of buisness

So…turn off your computer, and in 3 months when you start working…or maybe longer since your first few checks i doubt will be enough for a swap…turn your computer back on, and we’ll go from there.

Edit: wait you said not being able to work in 3 months…so, you’re working for the next 3, then won’t be able to any more…so, shouldn’t you be worried about putting money to live off of come 3 months from now when you can’t work? And then who knows how many months after that you’ll be able to get back to work…so why not just try being n00b of the month next april…

No Im getting the check then I have to take out the money for the movers from the check. It seems weird idk if I want to do it id rather have cash.

no this is not a scam… proceed

Just out of curiosity…how much is he sending you for the car and shipping and everything?

You said you had a definite buyer for $6000…(unless you meant to type $600)…how much extra is he giving you to ship it?

haha, are you selling your car to a nigerian prince???