craftsman ratcheting nut/bolt remover

anyone used these yet? the stripped nut/bolt removers. they look like they would make a good stocking stuffer for the old man, but i dont want to get them if they are the suck.

Ratcheting nut and bolt remover? isn’t that AKA a socket set?

:word:
post a pic of what the tool is?
im guessing its like the socket that has all the pins in it.

They look kinda like a socket with curved blades, looks sweet as hell. Dunno if it works or would just round it off perfectly.

My grandpa has them and they do work if you use them Slow and steady

we’ve sold alot of those at work… i guess they work… haven’t used one… but havent heard a complaint yet

ive only tried them on pretty rusted hardware, and it just chewed them up. if its just stripped and still kinda clean…i could see them working.

I have the Irwin ones (thanks Jagermiester) they work great, just used them last week, broke off a grade 10.9 stud with them, great to have around.

yea, those are the guys.

thanks for the feedback kids

they rule, have 2 sets, can’t imagine living w/out them

it looks like they win the good gift award

Yes, they are one of the best tools that IRWIN makes (IMHO). The crafstman Bolt out is made by IRWIN and packaged under the craftsman name.

The difference between the craftsman bolt out and the IRWIN Bolt grip is that the IRWIN ones (blue & yellow packaging) have a square drive so you can attach a ratchet directly to the boltgrip. The craftsman bolt out requires the use of a socket over it. Everything else is the same, just different set sizes.

For best results knock it on the bolt with a hammer. Provides a good bite.

I love working for a tool company…:slight_smile:

I have em…used em…worked good…no complaints…get em.

word, was trying to think of something else for my pop - think that covers it. :tup:

Listen to Jaeger, he actually knows about this shit. :smiley:

X…