Craigslist Personals WTF?

Joe’s right to get a static IP you need to buy it from your provider. The only other thing you can do is use something like DynDNS. It’s an online service, you set it up in your router and then it automatically syncs your dynamic ip with a static ip (or net name) that they provide.

seriously bro, that was annoying.

yeah i might have to try that, because verizon charges for everything, and theyd prolly charge me a shitload a month just for that IP

so we went from sex to nerds

Too bad. It’s not my problem until you make a billion dollars or so.

For the IP some routers suppory DynDNS. You create an account and setup your domain and put the info into your router and anytime your router changes its IP, it will update the DNS name such as myhome.myftp.biz with the new IP.

Typically, your broadband is on all the time and can refresh its DHCP address so unless you unplug your router for a period of time, your IP wont change tho from what I have noticed. My home cable line at my parents house has had the same IP for a year. Same thing with my DSL one.

can ya order me a large order of pennies???I’ll make it worth your time.Also HSBC has some central DT branch that accepts all the unusual stuff and ships it off somewhere.I know I can’t make ya the 7,000,000% you can make in the SM but maybe we can make something.
D

Hm, i’m not sure. I try to stay away from all things branch or customer related, or dealing with any actual money. The general public makes me angry. I do regulatory reporting type stuff on the general ledger level, so i just move around hundreds of billions of dollars on spreadsheets :lol:

I know that if you happen to be a Premier customer, they bend over backward to help you with these types of requests.

should have stayed that way.

no-ip.com is the same thing except you just run a client on one of the boxes inside the network, and the client will periodically send your current IP out to them. So you get a site like boardjnky4.myftp.com, and it will just re-direct to whatever your current IP address is. The client is quick and easy to install, and requires no extra router configs.

Yeah, i like that idea, the easier the better, but between you and Boxxa, you guys definitly came up with good solutions to that. I am going to try to run that when i get home and hopefully have the IP set for the remote desktop app

this thread is so off topic and not needed!

http://super-genius.org/images/thread_sucks.jpg

lol haha love the pic and true but oh well

thats like my new favorite phraise lol.

what phrase and by who lol