I accidently craigslist. The whole thing.

Havent been able to get on craigslist for a few days…

Has anyone else had this problem?

Did you get banned for trying to solicit sex?

I hear they only ban for soliciting man on man?!? I wouldn’t know of course :io:

lol,

update our work computers will not open any craigslist links at all. It just loads then says cant load page.

Yet my phone internet will open it just fine. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to let me know.

sounds like your work is blocking the site…

:word:

Works fine and fast for me.

No we are not blocking the site at all, i am on a personal computer through their connection. We have tried all the computers and all with the same result. they originally asked me what the problem is, so i doubt they are blocking it (this isnt the type of job where they do that)

anyone have any ideas?

So all the computers at your work won’t connect to craigslist. Even If you connect a personal computer to your works connection it still won’t connect.
“They” asked you what the problem was. Who is they?

It’s blocked at your ISP connection point the server for your office. Why don’t they ask your IT guys instead of you?

Unfortunately We do not have in house IT people. it was working fine up untill yesterday then it just randomly stopped. when you click on anything craigslist you just get no response, no error messages, i just went onto the server and all the security setting stuff is set to open. There is only about a handful of people here today, and none of us know dick about a computer. We all basically use our own computers connected to the server, we only have 2 office computers.

sounds like a bad dns entry is being cached somewhere

start -> run -> type "cmd’ -> hit enter -> type “nslookup craigslist.org” -> hit enter. Post output.

This is funny :lol:

well they couldn’t possibly block it for the whole company…that would be insane

www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com

not recognized as a command

:word:

It’s like if Egypt wanted to block facebook and twitter it just can’t happen

i am aware that it’s not down for everyone, i can browse CL on my droid no problem.

and the company is not blocking it, owner is sitting here with us trying to figure it out.

thank you all for helping, i dont know my ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to computers

You don’t know shit about computers…I’m sure the owner doesn’t know shit about computers…

This should be productive :slight_smile:

damn communists lol

i’m 99.9999999999999% sure that there’s no way every computer there at the same time stopped being able to get to craigslist just out of pure dumb luck

Hahah this made me LOL.

yeah I think i’m gonna go ahead and give up on trying to help with this one

sometimes, you’ve just got to choose your battles