CRC and myselfs quest to pass emissions.

Got ahold of Chris saturday afternoon and pled my case of needing emergency help to pass inspections within 2 days. Without hesitation he told me to be there the next day at noon. A sunday none the less. Got there an hour late in my normal fashion and within 2 minutes of being there Kevin had shown up and Mike had the car up on the lift. No bullshit, right to business. I brought my stock mid pipes and cats with the idea of modding them to make them fit in place. Mike cut up my american racing header mids that i had on the car which were junk to begin with and got to work. Along the lines of making the cuts and decisions of where to place what etc we discussed upcoming stuff we are going to do soon and made a pretty good list with my junker. Took a good few hours to make the pipes and get everything welded together perfectly, bungs for O2’s drilled and welded in and no leaks. Mike wouldnt leave it alone. I told him a bunch of times, doesnt need to be pretty, just needs to pass. Mike had to make it pretty. Cleaned up his welds, etc and then realized where the mids slide into the catback didnt fit as snug as he liked. He cut a peice off of my old mids, welded it to the end of the new ones so it fit snug and perfect. Also fixed the rattles in the back and straightend out the catback. With some datalogging done tonight and a new tune ready for the morning, hopefully tomorrows the day i can pass emissions as its my last day for my registration before it runs out. I cant thank everyone there enough and the price was extremely fair. Im very happy. they’ll probably be sick of me before summer with wanting to keep on doing stuff. Some pics of the work below, Kevin has more im sure he’ll post soon.

Epic title. Show up late when I’ve offered to help you and I’ll make sure your tires evacuate air at a rapid rate.

And nice review:lol I look forward to having Mike make me a new IC pipe in the spring.

them boys do some mighty fine work.

Thanks for the kind words Nick! Like he said, I’ll some better pics at some point, when this dumpy shop phone decides it will put pics on the SD card instead of the memory!

I still cant believe we took 2 cats, with redic. angles on them, that used to live up top next to the firewall, and a bunch of random tubing and made something that looks like it was factory!

Most importantly we had fun doing it. Doesn’t feel like work, when its friends cutting and welding! Looking forward to doing some more bad ass work on the RT!

Nick, Thanks for the kind words. Our business is to make our customers happy and provide a great product for a fair price.

We look forward to working on your car in the future.

I need you guys to cut out my cats and weld some straight pipes in. Get a little more growl out of the old girl.

Cake, what tubing dia? Audi uses SS stock so I would be replacing it with some 304SS. Have you ever had the upstream downpipes off? If not, I will be looking forward to them with my can of penetrating spray at my side!

http://www.infinkcdesigns.com/audi/IMG_1631.JPG

As you can see there on the stock ones Mike, I just want to blast off the secondary cats, so we don’t gotta take the DP’s off. I just had the flex sections replaced too, shoulda done it then Lol

Gotcah. Yeah I was going to say going catless top to bottom is a, better start from scratch kind of job, with the goofy shape/size of the upper cat inlet. The bottom “suit case” sections are easy enough to remove, and the flex section should move enough for me to get the welder in on top of the tubing to fully weld the seams.

PM me buddy, and we can go from there. Dont want to clutter up Nicks post, even though its not too far off topic. :number1

Nice work man…now if we could just get his PCM to play nice he’d be golden.

If Nick can’t get the EGR monitor to play nice tonight I am going to reflash his PCM from a 5.7 into a 6.1 PCM…no more EGR ever. At that point his car will think it’s an SRT…upbadging from the inside out;)

Why wouldn’t ya of done that anyway ?

Cause at the time all his tuning was written on the 5.7 PCM…if I flashed it to a 6.1 it would have all had to start by scratch…there was no time. And the issue he is having has never happened before…normally you shut the EGR off and it reverts to the 6.1’s N/A status…Nicks is going to “Not Ready” for some reason that’s unknown and it’s a tad difficult to scan the car from 100 miles north.

EDIT…Crisis averted…he just texted me with a freshly passed inspection sticker!!!

I was gonna say when I talked to him the monitors just didn’t run .

These cars are a total bitch. Once you figure out what a particular car needs to pass though you can repeat it every year.

Dodge,s.are fuckin terrible with running monitors , we have had customers out for 400 miles before we could inspect em do to monitors

really? I can reset codes and have mine in ready status in 6 miles. You just gotta know what the parameters are that need to be met. With the LX cars it needs to be over 179* and between 55 and 68 mph …once you hit 179* the misfire monitor will run and if that passes the 02 monitors will run. The misfire monitor is the tricky one cause the PCM will read the lope of the cam as a misfire.

I’m going to suggest right now that you loosen and turn those clamps up 90 degrees. You don’t want to see what happen when they catch something hard at speed(like the lip of a pothole)

It’s very ugly.

Good work otherwise :slight_smile: