Crotch rocket guys, could I hang with a cbr600?

My buddy had a 2006 ZX6. We raced multiple times in my accord (340whp) on the highway and he didn’t have a chance. He was an excellent rider to say the least. From a dig, I didn’t have a chance.

+1 Val.

ESP

What the fuck else is there to do when racing from a roll exactly? 600’s pull really hard from a dig but street bikes have horrible aerodynamics and start to slow up pretty good once you’re up above 100+ mph. But I’m sure you already knew that, since you’re running your mouth about it. His car weighs less than the Vette and will have 30-50 more hp, and the Vette should be solid mid 11’s off the bottle… so we’re talking about a low 11 sec car here. A 600 would have a tough time taking him from a dig, let alone from a roll. A 600 would get it’s fucking ass handed to it, no if’s and’s or but’s about it. Would probably give a 750 a decent run, maybe even a liter bike.

i dunno dude. on some of the bike forums i go on, ive seen links to vids of 600s taking Gallardos and other cars of that status, up until the 600 tops out (160ish). if the rider is good, a newer 600 can still win from a roll.

there was a thread on my R6 forum about a guy that took bone stock R6s from a couple different years and hit 9’s in them. granted, thats a very rare case but they r still fast from a roll or dig w/ a good rider.

I don’t see how a basic fuel injected 600 which will roughly weigh 400 lbs and have 120 hp, which equals out to 3.33 lbs per hp. Generally they all run mid to high 10’s in the quarter at around 130 mph.

then we have a car with 3000 lbs and 400 hp which equals out to be 7.5 lbs per horsepower. This will roughly run a mid to low 12 sec quarter around 115-120 mph.

different type of bike but i held off a vulcan 800 from a dig, up through the top of 3rd gear in my h22 hatch.
He was reving at me sitting at a light so i was like fuck it…
I pulled in 2nd & kept him @ the rear wheel/rear bumper the rest of the way.
he motioned to me to roll down my window @ the next light to ask me what was in the car…lol

it was one like this with some mods…loud piles,…had a rat rod look to it.

http://image.motorcyclecruiser.com/f/8540165/8s_97_lg+1997_kawasaki_vulcan_800+side_view.jpg

i think joe has some stories of beating a GSX750? from a roll in his ride.

im with darkstar. roll racing requires little skill. if you’re too incompetent to tuck behind a wind screen an redline each gear you shouldnt be riding.

and just as there is a lot of piss poor riders out there, the same could be said for drivers. if a 600 is beating a gallardo, i would argue that the gallardo needs a new wheel man.

a 600 is potent as hell from a dig, but in a roll race it comes down to weight, gearing, and power, and a 600 falls off up top where a high hp car will pull all day. im not calling anyone a liar, and im not trying to turn a civilized debate into a pissing match, but as for a 600 pulling 9 second passes bone stock, thats nothing short of extraordinary considering a stock Kawasaki ZX-12R runs 10.06 sec @ 142 mph [Performed by Ricky Gadson - Top Kawasaki Pro Drag racer]

roll racing in a car is much easier than a bike. im sorry but it takes more skill to roll race a 600cc bike than a high hp car, such as a lambo. there are many factors on a bike that simplay arent an issue in a car. gear selection/rpm etc is much more critical on the bike, both because if you drop down into too low of a gear (and spike the rpms), your rear can skip and youll probly swap out, and it you dont keep the revs up high enough, you have a very narrow window of powerband to play with, compared to a high-hp car. so like it was mentioned before, a good rider makes a big difference. not saying a bike is always gonna win, but i think skill p[lays much more of a role than it does in a car…espescially when talkin high-hp cars. plus, how many roll races go over 160mph? not too many. so up until that point, a 600 is gonna be pulling strong. as far as the single-digit pass, of course its extraordinary, but it is what it is. he did it on a stock '05 R6 and then a again on an 06. i kow the 1/4mi times dont directly relate to roll racing, but i was just goin to show that rider skill can make a huge difference and it also shows that 600s are capable of very impressive numbers.

It was Ricky Gadsen who ripped on the 9 second passes on stock r6’s.

http://www.twowheelforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2857&d=1113285029

there ya go

if your racing the kid in the gsxr 600 i raced last year at the track then you will win… i went 12.8 on my bike and beat him… granted he was trapping 15mph faster… but he sucked at riding. alot of riders are afraid to do the full throttle. they think they are but they are about 85% and also afraid of running to 15500 rpm or what ever they rev to now. i would it would be close the 600 will win but id imagine that smokey would more then like to come run you since he said its possible :slight_smile: i just sold my bike so im out.

so the only real difficult thing about roll racing a bike is knowing which gear to start in. Wow… that sounds pretty tough.

My money is on the car.

again, never said 9 second passes werent possible or didnt happen on a stock 600, but that example is so atypical and far from the norm its not really pertinent to an debate about roll racing.

put gadsen or rossi for that matter on a stock 600 from from a dig or roll and yeah they’re gonna dominate a lot of fast cars, but at some point theres limitations of what a stock 600 can do from a roll regardless of the rider. this is all coming from a bike guy: i came from rm 125s as a kid to an f4i and a 900rr, so im truly attempting to be objective.

I think Mac made some good points about your average rider. I know roll racing is easier than from a dig, but I would imagine it is a little harder on a bike than it is in a car. My guess would be your avg rider would start in too high of a gear and lose some acceleration there.

Hahaha, glad I started a shitstorm! For what it’s worth i’m really not a magazine racer, me and my friend really were just curious. I could be lying about my power output also, I may make it to the dyno this weekend. (mustang dyno though so power levels will be a lot lower) H/C LS2 I shouldn’t be too much lower than 440rwhp or i’d be pretty pissed.

Anyway, if this race ever happends i’ll be sure to let you know haha. I didn’t know how fast bikes are and it seems no one else does either :wink:

appearantly it is to turn to, so im sure you are a good person to judge:hsugh:

i think the 9sec 1/4mi does have some relevence because it shows you the difference between a good rider and an average rider. most guys hit low 11s or high 10s in the 1/4 but there r dudes out there that shatter that…wouldnt you think the same principal applies to roll-racing on a bike? i do. it goes back to the original response from evo to ext. a good rider can probably win that race. its not a definate , but its still very possible.

drag racing definately takes a lot of skill on a car or bike. if it didnt, then it wouldnt be a televised sporting event with millions of followers.

but i dunno man, maybe im being too cynical and you could be right, but i just dont think roll racing is indicative of skill; in a bike or a car. i think its more a test of the limits of the vehicle

yeah and you should know that there are professional or near professional drivers who can get a stock LS1 F-bucket to run 12.50’s… everyone else on the planet runs a low 13 but since one professional guy ran that time that should be what we judge shit on. :rolleyes:

oh jesus christ… more internet stories and magazine articles… LOL!!!

doesn’t dicks or smokey have a 600?? i have a girly car that is almost as fast as a cobalt that i’d be happy to run. put your money (bike) where your mouth (dumb links and Internet ‘facts’) is (are).

fags :greddy:

werd I’d like to get in on running some 600s too.