Crotch rocket guys, could I hang with a cbr600?

im not gonna go out of my way to do it, but if there is somewhere you have in mind, then id maybe be down. im not tryin to sound like im Rossi or anything, im just sayin bike skill plays more of a roll than driver skill in cars.

you mean true real world numbers

sweet!

I think we commute in similar areas… I’ll PM

That’s like a 15 second bike. My VTX1800 runs 12.50s. I would think an LSx powered Mazda RX7 should beat that. If not I say fuck it & I’ll run him in my truck.

A friend of mine had a ZX636 & it ran 11.80s all day long, stock. Again, I would think the RX7 should run that good with 460 whp. My truck has 398 whp & weighs 4600 lbs. It runs 12.60s.

True, however when everyone compares dyno numbers it’s usually dynojet.

Also everyone is going with 460rwhp haha, could be 440 or at worst 430; i really have no idea. Just going off of dynos i’ve seen with similar setups.

You guys are all idiots… I am just going by what has happened on the street. Not a hypothetical Utopia with a got bike rider and good driver. All I know is the 600 couldn’t keep up… and what constitutes a good Rider? How about a mohawk on the helmet? Does that work for you? Cause he had a blue one…
Regardless of what my car does at the track with me driving, put anthing but street radials on my car and it will run low 12’s. But my car isn’t set up to drag… it is set up for road racing.

do you/have you ever owned a bike? you apparently own a 400hp. i had a 400hp ws6 and also own a newer 600 and the 600 would take the ws6 from a dig or roll IMO. i can feel the difference between the two. its not totally out of the question for either one to win, but i think maybe a slightly modded c5z06 would be something that could take it or a c6 z06. not sure.

Yes I have owned a bike… 3 of them actually. I had a yamaha 650 Maxim, first bike, a HD Fat-Boy and a V-rod… Any more brain busters?
I am just speaking facts on the road. and comparing the sensation of bikes to cars is not even close. You can be on a bike and feel like your doing 120 and look down and your only doing 80. In a car you can feel like your doing 60 and look down and your at 100 mph. Can’t even compare them. You can’t feel the difference between the 2. if you were on a bike blind folded and some one else was driving I bet you couldn’t guess to ± 10 mph of the speed you were going.
please keep the really intelligent comments comming.

you do realize the car in question would smoke a slightly modded C5Z, right?

ok none of those are sports bikes, first of all.

and yes you can compare the two because i have been out on the highway/empty back roads with the same friends of mine, some of whom have bikes and some with cars, in both my ws6 and r6. the r6 is faster. those are direct comparisons.

My car is about 500 lb’s less and probably has 40+ more hp though. Do you think the r6 is that much faster than the ws6?

its tough to say. to me it feels like it is and ive seen some vids of 600s taking down some pretty fast cars, like i said. i think the bike CAN win with a good rider, but i cant say 100% obviously. the only true way to know is to go out and do it.

http://newbeetle.org/forums/avatars/jackfrost.gif?dateline=1226442531

My V-rod would and has smoked a 600… no problems what so ever…

600cc bike
115 hp, maybe 400lbs + 170? for the rider
570lbs, 115hp
4.95lbs per horsepower

Car…2950lbs? 520hp?
5.67lbs/hp

The original was based on WHP for both, 600RRs dyno 110+ all the time. I didn’t realize your car was lighter.

I gave you the benefit of crank HP and it’s closer, but the bike still comes out ahead.

First the car is less than 3000 lb’s.

Second, there are things such as drag coefficient that really come into play at speeds over 50+ mph. I’m well aware a competant driver on a 600 could get me from a dig.

Third, my car probably has around 500-540 engine HP. Your taking engine HP from a bike and comparing it to rwhp from my car. Lots of false assumptions.

My 12.5 second VTX will beat a 600 out of the hole. The 600 will pass it around the top of my 3rd gear. Travis can vouch with his Triumph 675 :kekegay:

GO RACE A 600!!!

true, i think i could get to you faster but i dont like wheelies, that and we have about the same 100 hp but you have 120 ftlbs, 30 more than me, and yours come in at 7 rpm i have to build a few thousand

HOLY FUCKING BENCH RACING FAGGOTS!