CTS-V drivetrain/parts car feeler

Im putting this out there for potential sale to see, through net connections, who may be interested in this type of deal. We are still unsure exactly what the plans are yet, and still haven’t heard much from GM so a final decision isn’t set in stone yet.

If anyone here knows of a person who may show serious interest in major components of this car, please pass along my information to the for contact. While parts are not yet for sale the possibility that it will go that route is there, as offers for the car have been made and considered.

2011 CTS-v wagon. 6.2 supercharged, six speed manual. Despite rollover the engine still starts and runs perfect, with no lights in the cluster aside from SRS.

On the opposite end of the spectrum is the possibility of putting everything back into another chassis. This is the route I’m as well as my sister aiming for although ultimately Roberts decision in the end. The choice scenario would be to locate a 2010-2011 CTS chassis and make the conversion. Wagon preferred, but coupe and sedan would fit the bill regardless. Something with either a blown drivetrain or slight front end damage. Anything that would push it to be relatively cheap but non-907 would be what I need. Therefore if in you know of someone in the auction district that comes across such a car I’d like to talk with them :wink:

Then theres my idea of getting a c5/c6 and going from there…

Connections that result in either solid sales, or a chassis will be compensated.

Adam Hennessy
Rennessyfabrication@gmailDOTcom

My idea- buy this and swap the drivetrain into it:
http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/3083659146.html

You never know, I may just build a monza imsa rep for Robert and shoehorn the motor into that :number1

my idea- driftmissiledriftmissiledriftmissiledriftmissile.

Why not replace that ls1 ya have in a kit car with the lsa !!! Ooohhhh shit I went there lol

I take it the car cannot be salvaged. Bummer.

GLWS, Boxersix is a good dude!

Chassis is a total loss, trying to salvage it is a no go.

• Juan

This should go in a 2wd RCSB GMC Sierra!

I’ll donate Brochure Truck.
I’ll even let you swap engines free of charge!

I say do a “overhaulin” episode into skids ranger

how about putting it into that old plymouth you guys are building?

Oh wow. Do we have a ballpark figure here?

It should go to charity! I need a LSA and TR6060 in the bird. Saws-all the hood for the blower!

Are you going to sell the engine and trans together or split them if you do sell them? I know 1 or 2 guys local looking for LS T56 swaps, but nobody with the cash for a 15k engine.

LSA has the new Tremec TR6060 with factory 700lb ft torque capacity. Not old T56 dinosaur.

Lol, If I put this motor in the Ultima, Don would probably die :rofl. That thing needs about $20K in suspension work and dampers before it needs any more power. That would be nearly double to power it has now, which is a complete handful as is now.

We’re up in the air on this one yet. I would prefer to sell this as a complete drivetrain swap(engine to rear end, electronics, PCM, etc, etc) if it comes down to that, let alone components like interior, suspension, etc. Quite aware it’s going to take a seriously devoted buyer to do just that, so if it comes down to parting it out into separate packages we can talk.

I’m currently working up some rough pricing based on US GM factory pricing. This is a difficult thing to sort out and put a dollar amount on, and obviously will come down to demand for the various components. for example, I know the front Recaro seats in this are a $3400 option, and thats OVER the price of the stock CTS leathers.

They use the same trans in the new SS f bodies, not sure on 6 cyl versions. I do believe they can be used to do a 6MT swap in a 4th gen. Only thing that sucks about the new config GM uses is the trans and bell have to be pulled together.

Worlds first STS-V with a CTS-V drive train? Sounds like a hell of an idea to me

Nick alero would probably buy this