Cuban Cigars

Anyone have a suggestion for a place to go across the bridge and tips for picking a type? The way I understand it, you can transport back into the US up to $100 worth of alcohol and/or tobacco so would be interested in making a trip up to pick up a small box for an event next weekend.

I mostly smoke Dominican with the lighter Connecticut wrap but for the sake of it being legal now, figure I would change it up.

So far Romeo Y Julieta and Montecristo have been a top choice and if the night is really special, the Choiba which I guess is the high level one there and $100 each.

Customs House Cigars in Niagara-on-the-lake is pretty top notch. NOTL is a bit more than just across the bridge and probably isn’t what you need for right this moment, but if you find yourself up that way it is definitely worth while. Can’t say I know any good spots in the Falls or anything. Post up if you find a good shop there!

http://www.customshousecigars.com/

by the way, :tup: for BTC

Thanks for the post. Will maybe take the stop there Thursday. Looking to grab the $100 worth so looking for some that is a solid cuban but one I can get a few of since if I am making the drive, I would like the best possible selection.

Anything right over the bridge is usually a con. Like the other dude said, customs house is a good choice. But be ready to get 3-4 cigars for $100. And in my opinion they taste like butt. I like CT wrapper Doms as well, and every Cuban I’ve had is entirely too strong, yet every time the opportunity presents itself I can’t resist a Cuban, just for the novelty…

Ya that essentially is what I was looking for on here. Figured the local ones right across the border or heavily promoted would be the tourist stops with cheap and over priced cigars. I figure this is more novelty for sure and just to say I had one.

OT: my neighbor got a full box of Cuban cohiba churchills from his Cuban friend and left them in his garage for like five years. They turned into potato chips :\

Had to post this classic scene…
https://youtu.be/Z2GdrJQCrfw

That scene is great.

I also just talked to CPB. Apparently this is still illegal. You can only go to Cuba and get them and bring them back across the border but you can’t buy Cuban products in Canada and bring them back.

Purchasing Cuban-origin cigars and/or Cuban-origin rum or other Cuban-origin alcohol over the internet or while in a third country (i.e. not Cuba) remains prohibited.

Isn’t there a limit too? You can only bring in like 5 or 10 or whatever. Otherwise people would bring back dozens of them… to sell.

• Updated - - -

Cuban Paradise Cigar and Cafe12933 Village Blvd
Madeira Beach, FL 33708

I was just at this place over spring break. They roll them right in the store front. About as close as you can get to the real deal.

If you’re hell bent and worried, just take the rings off…

Its really strange. It says you can’t bring more than 100 cigars into the US but they can’t be valued at more than $100 if you are able to legally go to Cuba but you can’t buy them elsewhere and bring them in.

US Govt = strange

12 posts and no THANKS OBAMA yet?

i like village cigar co in burlington

Thanks JFK